Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New here...need advice on Honda specs

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 New here...need advice on Honda specs

Hello,

Well the title says it all...I'm new. Currently I am Honda-less but want advice and ideas on where to start. Based on my username, you can assume where I'd like to look for my first Honda. Just came back from a tour in the UK with the Air Force and at the time was only allowed to bring ONE car home At the end of the day I am a Volkswagen fan ever since I was 5 and its where my heart rests, however, a friend of mine and his sister had 95 Civic EX's and they were quite amazing cars. In all regards, I am a 2 door guy and am stuck on whether I want a sedan or a hatch. I am near clueless on engine codes and what certain one bring out the power but look good doing it. I like speed and torque but am more in for looks and polish. I'd rather have a clean, near OEM car with tasteful mods such as wheels and lights.

Any help would be amazing please! Post photos also so I can put the lingo with a look

This is what I brought back from the UK in July! As you can tell, I like a simple look. Easy to work on engine and such. Cheers!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New here...need advice on Honda specs

Nice car man! Love the right hand drive. And thanks for your service as well.

But as for a Civic goes... to each his own. I personally love the body styles of Coup's//Hatch backs. But it really depends on what you want, and what you want to do. There are many great builds and styles out there for civics. Some people search for cars that are top of the line for their model (Such as Civic Si for instance). And others like to build cars to their own liking, and/or engine set ups.

To make the best decision though, I suggest looking at all years, and models of the Civic to best determin what fits you best.

A 1999 - 2000 Honda Civic Si is a good place to start, for instance. hehe :D
Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by ElectronBlue00
Nice car man! Love the right hand drive. And thanks for your service as well.

But as for a Civic goes... to each his own. I personally love the body styles of Coup's//Hatch backs. But it really depends on what you want, and what you want to do. There are many great builds and styles out there for civics. Some people search for cars that are top of the line for their model (Such as Civic Si for instance). And others like to build cars to their own liking, and/or engine set ups.

To make the best decision though, I suggest looking at all years, and models of the Civic to best determin what fits you best.

A 1999 - 2000 Honda Civic Si is a good place to start, for instance. hehe :D
Yeah shes a great runner and at 41mpg I wont let her go. I dont know too much history on Hondas but I see alot of 89 crx's trolling around here in TX. My purpose is to have a Honda as a DD while I restore my Scirocco but I like to fiddle with even a DD so I hope they are easy to work with. :D
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can pick up a civic pretty cheap as a good base. The stock motors are pretty gutless unless you jump for the Si models. Depending on your budget you can always swap out the motor and trans for a reasonable cost. Those little hatchbacks love Integra GSR motors. 2300 pounds and a 170hp is a nice combo for a streetable DD.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Trial User

I hope I can find something nice and clean on the cheap. I want to be able find one in the same colour as the Scirocco