Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new to here and hondas

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to here and hondas

ok guys whats up my name is danny. im from the south side of houston, tx. i have a 93 lx/dx, with a 1.5 non vtec standered. this is my first honda. i have always had gm cars or trucks. i had a turbo talon for a short period of time but not long enough to really work on it or anything. dont know much about hondas at all so any help or suggestions would be helpful. im still tryin to put it together right now, i only payed 200 bucks for it and its kinda in peices i guess you could say. i doesnt run, it has and intermitant startin problem. i ordered a new distributor for it hopefully that works. it has ne plugs and aftermarket wires and could someone let me what the gap on my plugs should be i dont think they are gapped right. also i need a 5 spd shifter assembly. someone stole the whole thing before i started workin on it. i ordered a ned short throw but need the pivate or bearing or what ever it sits in that holds it to/in the car. i also need the drivers side door guts-all the rods are bent on mine b/c some one ripped the door handle out and i can get a new one to work with the old rods they just keep bending and i cant open the door. its current upgrades are some cheap e-bay intake, drop zone shocks with ebay coil sleeves, jdm style led tail light that are awsome, and a smalled underdrive pulley. i got a tent for the tail lights to make them darker but dont know if i wanna put them on, i also dont wanna mess up the tail lights. my plan is to try to go mostly jdm. anyways any advise or help and if you have some of the extra parts le t me know thanks guy....oh i also need a hood, drivers fender, and rear bumper. laters
Old 03-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new to here and hondas (kir93coupe)

Well first and foremost welcome to H-T. Sounds like you have a project on your hands there. There should be a lot of stock and aftermarket JDM parts you can find right here on H-T classifieds. You can browse them now but you'll have to wait until you are no longer a trial member to actuall post on the classifieds. Other than that you can go to passwordjdm.com and jdmshit.com and you can find a lot of parts you may need. jdmshit has a lot of body parts that might help you out. Good luck with your car though and again welcome.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new to here and hondas (bart2546)

sounds like you got a beater!

but since yer missing the shifter and all..maybe you'd want to piece together a swap already so you could just pick up another shifter

just make sure you really research what you want to do with the car
Old 03-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: new to here and hondas (bart2546)

Try to separate posts into paragraphs so it's easier for people to read.

Welcome to the forums, your best bet on any Q you have is to search (red search button in upper right corner) before asking it.

In the future, this is a tech forum, you can't post in the GDD yet I don't think but after 2 weeks (after sign up) you'll become a full member.

As far as learning about Honda goes, your best bet is to read the FAQ's and other stickies on the forum page, then if you have any further questions about it google it or post about it (or search). Might want to download a helms manual for your car, they're on the web, just google that.

When ur a full member you can check the "for sale" forums for stuff to buy to get ur Honda running.

As for the intermittent starting problem, I don't think it's the distributor. I'm assuming you came to the conclusion that it was the distributor because there was no spark? It might be the dizzy, but you might wanna check the ground wires as well. Either way, it's still a new part, which is better than a 14 year old part.

Try to proof read your posts too, people are vultures here and will chastise you for any mistakes and/or discrepancies in your posts.

Bump your posts if they get too far onto the next page, this is H-T, I'd say a good chunk (10-15%) of the people here are actually here for tech, the rest just talk about stolen cars, smoked headlights, CTR lips, and JDM parking polls. So there's a tech guy around, just g2 wait for 'em. The first time you run into a problem and have 40 people telling you what a retard you are and 2 people with genuine help regarding your post, you'll see what I mean.

As for the gap, I think they're .43 or .44 though I'm not positive. Call autozone or advanced auto or pep boys and tell 'em ur car model/year and they'll tell u the gap - that's what I do....EVERY time on EVERY car who's spark plugs I change . Suppose a dealerships' parts department would know too.

Your shifter assembly, are you saying they took the whole linkage up to the trans, or just the shifter assembly?

Either way, I got to run now, welcome to H-T and such.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: new to here and hondas (Syndacate)

well i got the shifter and i guess they took the whole linkage b/c thats what they gave me and thats not on my car lol but i have it now and as far as the spark plugs it had a rare no start and then what a day or so and it work. in that mean time i changed shops had had some time off and when it got toed to the new shop still no start. got new plugs they came gapped 35 and i had looked under the hood adn it said 45 but then i looked b/c it just didnt seem right and it was for a 95 1.6 v-tec totally diff. motor. tryed starting almost started like 4 time just couldnt turn over ill try every once in a while just turns over nothing so if the distributor doesnt work oh well well find out that when it gets here.

as far as proofin my stuff i cant spell anyways so let them give me crap oh well wont bother me

and thanks guys for stoppin and taking the time to say whats up and if u know anybody with a 2/3 door driver side they r selling let me know i need it thanks laters