Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new here to this forum, and need help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here to this forum, and need help!!!!! possible ECU problem.

hello everyone, just started looking up and reading on Honda forums, and what ive seen so far I'm impressed. there is allot of good info here.

I'm new to this 4cy stuff somewhat, but I'm used to working on my big block, cause I never had a problem with my SOL till now.......

I have a 95 Del Sol SOHC 1.5L, and ive done a few small things to it (engine) like 9mm wires, Carbon Fiber CAI, new plugs, new cap and rotor, etc..... and it has been operating fine for the last 2 yrs since I bought it....well I all of a sudden (2 weeks ago) it started to hesitate in the low RPM's and gears, and at idle it feels like it wants to shut off, but then gets enough not to. and it has a low pick up out of 1st.

I've done all that I can think of to fix the hesitation, like replace the plugs, checked the gap, wires are fairly new, replaced PCV, new cap and rotor, thought it might be bad gas, so I added a water remover additive just in case, and it felt worse, but that didn't help any. I just had my injectors cleaned, and still the same problem persists. there are no check engine lights or anything to indicate otherwise, but it runs like ****. and its buggin me cause I know I could fix it, but I just don't know what it is.

I am now thinking its my ECU....but I know nothing about that. if its easy to swap, how much are they, where can I get one, should I get a new or used one, stock or aftermarket, dose it have to match my engine if I get another one????? I'm sure that is the problem, cause all the other stuff would of fixed it if that was the case.

I just need some kind of help and if anyone has gone thru this same sort of thing before.
any help would be better than where I'm at now with this.......
Dave

p.s. is there a way to tell if my ECU is bad, or faulty.......you know, i was also thinking that it might be an injector......any suggestions? too many possibilities!

Modified by seventwo at 3:22 AM 10/26/2003
Old 10-25-2003, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new here to this forum, and need help!!!!! possible ECU problem. (seventwo)

i forgot to add, where can i look to even get a ECU, and how do i tell which one i have and need?