Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New Here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here.

Hey, Now i'm not sure if this is the correct spot to post this info, But I'll give it a shot, Well My first car was a 92 EG hatch, and it was a fun car, but it had its problems, I've gone through 6 cars in the past year, and if I had my knowledge back then that i have now, I would have kept that car, because I look back and it was really nothing big

Anywho, Beyond the point, I now own a 96 Jetta, and I really want an EG coupe

I've noticed that you as the honda community have VERY similar traits as us dubbers, Low, Clean and Simple I respect that, That is my goal If i do pick up an EG, But I'm just saying Hi, I have a few questions, but I'll ask em later.

Heres my jetta

and I was browsing, and This caught my eye

Very nice, White is my style, But smaller tires and lower

One fast question, How do you guys feel on stretched tires? Are you guys big on low?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Here. (OhSoEuro)

what is that spray painted on your hood?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: New Here. (Eibach95Civic)

Volcom Stencil I've got about 3 hoods laying around, And I "experimented"
Old 07-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Here. (OhSoEuro)

I like it. It's different. I say you adapt that little customization for your future honda.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: New Here. (BlackoutVTi)

Thank you I was thinking that, I really want a white EG. And was thinking of doing another stencil. But of a symbol more recognizable, and a little less on the overspray.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Here. (Eibach95Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eibach95Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is that spray painted on your hood?</TD></TR></TABLE> He sneezed while shaking the bottle to tag the building nearby. lol
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: New Here. (ke98248)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ke98248 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> He sneezed while shaking the bottle to tag the building nearby. lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty much
Old 07-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

VW and Honda/Acura are really close on what it's enthusiasts want from their car. I think the biggest difference is everyone hates people who drive hondas thanks to the ricers. VW's owners love stretching tires which really isn't seen on too many newer model hondas, but find an old school civic or crx and it's, mad offset and stretched tires is where it's at. I like your style on the hood, I would say come up with a one off stencil of your own.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: (p00n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by p00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">VW and Honda/Acura are really close on what it's enthusiasts want from their car. I think the biggest difference is everyone hates people who drive hondas thanks to the ricers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would have to agree, Well I've been looking around, Its a really laid back scene here, same as vortex. But I see that the majority of this site's users are the same as the vortex, Which is awesome *godamn ricer stereo type* lol But I'm looking forward to my honda, I'm settled on white, I'd like to run some 15x8 BBS Rs's and slam it. But I have a set of SSR Meshies laying around, I'll rock those for a while

Do you guys have any problems with oilpans and what not? Cause with dubs, the 2.8L VR6 has a stupid low oil pan. we bust them alot, to the point where we carry spares in the trunk. And we have axle rubbing problems. anything like that with honda?

Edit: Whats up with the 5 posts per 24/h? And No IM?

Modified by OhSoEuro at 10:42 AM 7/26/2007
Old 07-25-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: (OhSoEuro)

Eww a jetta! lol
Old 07-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (ast_coastie)

I want something like that volcom spray on my hood!

Clean
Old 07-25-2007, 07:11 PM

Hello New User, Welcome to Honda-Tech

There is a wealth of information here on this forum just waiting for you to discover.

Whether you joined to get some help with a problem on your Honda, wanted to see other peoples cars and get ideas for your own, wanted to buy some parts, or maybe you just own a Honda and wanted to join the club, a good place to start is with a good &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;SEARCH&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; . You will notice the red SEARCH button on the top right hand side of the screen. You can search to see if someone has had a similiar problem, or has a similiar post to what you wanted to make.

The first screen you come to has a long list of different sections you can choose from, each having there own reason.

The first list you will see are Model Specific TECH forums. These are forums for general TECH related questions and post about SPECIFIC MODELS. A suspension question is not MODEL specific, as all cars have it, so that might be better suited in the Suspension forum. You get the idea. Before you post a question, SEARCH to see if it has been covered before, because it probably has. Here is a good link to show you how to use the search function. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=979961

The next list you will see are more Technical Forums, except this time instead of car/model specific, it is topic specific, IE All motor, FI (forced induction), Suspension, Drag racing, AutoX, etc. Your questions about these matters go in the designated forum.

The next place you will see the Marketplace. Come on, do you need an explaination about this? Buy or sell your parts here.

The next section is labeled Honda-Tech Forums. You will find the Appearance and Cosmetic section. This section is good for when you want to show off your car and get feedback on what you have done. Or if you have questions about something to do with appearance in general, this is your forum. The other sections here are the Events and Meets section, where you can find out what is going on in your area, or announce something of your own. And then there is Kills. Tell stories of who you raced and what happened here. Enter at your own risk.

And then there is GDD- General discussion and debate. This is basically the Off-topic forums of Honda-Tech. You can explore these for yourself.

There you go, I hope that you read this and understand the layout of this website.

Again, Welcome to HT.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

dont like veeedubs BUT ONTARIO REPRESENT
Old 07-25-2007, 07:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OhSoEuro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you guys have any problems with oilpans and what not? Cause with dubs, the 2.8L VR6 has a stupid low oil pan. we bust them alot, to the point where we carry spares in the trunk. And we have axle rubbing problems. anything like that with honda? </TD></TR></TABLE>

as a rule no but i have had one experience
the "cap" for a fire hydrant was in the middle of the rd and well i hit it
riped a gash right through my pan
here is a pic of the damage

Modified by 95jeremie at 10:02 AM 7/26/2007
Old 07-26-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: (95jeremie)

Well, Now that my 24 post thing is over , I can post 5 more times? When does that stop? And when can i post in other sections?

Anywho, These are the two I'm looking to buy

The red one is going for $2300 CAD, with 180KM's, and the white is going for $1990 CAD, with 160KM's

And I just thought I'd share a VW way.....

Has anyone ever done the headliner in a fabric in hondas? Cause I have a few plans for my EG , I also have laminate flooring in the trunk

TIA
Old 07-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea some one has done headliners before.

is it popular? not really, but it can look good
Old 07-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (MasterShake)

I want some Ralph lauren headliner.

**** is Baller!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want some Ralph lauren headliner.

**** is Baller!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you, Once My jetta is sold, I'll have my EJ1, That is the correct term for the coupes right? :D

Well I plan on Suspension would be my first priority, What are the Top Coilover companys in the JDM market? I know of Tein. and I mean actual coilovers, not sleeves Than It will be followed by an engine I was thinking of a B18C5 on steriods. But thats in the future. and I'll have my euro touch on the car

And does anyone know when i can post more than 5 times a day? I haven't found a rules section explaing it.

TIA
Old 07-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Buddy club dampers are often looked over, they're very nice.

Though revalved koni's and gc's are probably a better choise for the money esp with custom springrates.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:48 PM

a civic with a euro touch... hmmm wonder wats that gonna look like
Old 07-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i like vw's but they have to be done right. i like the volcom thing on the hood, never seen that before and thinks its pretty unique. good luck with the honda
Old 07-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OhSoEuro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thank you, Once My jetta is sold, I'll have my EJ1, That is the correct term for the coupes right? :D

Well I plan on Suspension would be my first priority, What are the Top Coilover companys in the JDM market? I know of Tein. and I mean actual coilovers, not sleeves Than It will be followed by an engine I was thinking of a B18C5 on steriods. But thats in the future. and I'll have my euro touch on the car

And does anyone know when i can post more than 5 times a day? I haven't found a rules section explaing it.

TIA</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea thats the correct term, and id recoment k-sport's or f2 coilovers, pretty nice bang for the buck. or if you are drying to go extremely low, get ground control coilover sleeves, on koni yellow shocks, and ground control extended top hats.

i belive you might have to wait a week (7 days)
Old 07-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MasterShake)

yeah welcome man. I have to admit I miss my dub... and the vortex. Many friendly and helpful people there.

Welcome to honda-tech
Old 07-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OhSoEuro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Has anyone ever done the headliner in a fabric in hondas? Cause I have a few plans for my EG , I also have laminate flooring in the trunk

TIA</TD></TR></TABLE>

Welcome to H-T.

I actually plan on redoing the headliner once I pick up a new daily (08' R32 ). I don't know what fabric it'll be though. I do know a local guy who did the laminate flooring in the trunk of his MK2 Jetta Coupe. That turned out pretty good.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: (jdm_ekcivic)

yea, Headliners and Laminate are a trend in VW, Thanks for all the comments and info

Quick Reply: New Here.