Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new HELP BADLY,,, my Funking car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new HELP BADLY,,, my Funking car wont start

my car- 99 civ hatchback DX with 96 GSR engine,99 si wireing harness,skunk2 jumper to OBDI, APExi VAFC, 96 OBDI GSR ECU..i was getting a trouble code for the VTEC oil pressure sensor, (code22) i thought it was code 20 which is the ELD electronic load detector. so i checked the ELD unit like the manual says and unplugged it, but it was fine so i put it all back together, then i realized after that, its code 22 becuase i thought it was 20 and then code 2, but there is no code 2 so it has to be 22 and so i replaced the oil pressure *******(the one close to the VTEC solenoid). if anyone knows where the ELD is, its underneath the engine fuse box. and then after that i needed a ground for my horn, so i pulled a screw from the ignition houseing (the side with the power and ground wires comming out,opposite side of the key hole) and attached a ground wire to my horn. after that i mounted my ecu on the side how it should be and when i was done with that,, the POS wouldnt start. i have GSR swap conv. to OBDI with OBDI GSR ECU, apexi VAFC(which doesnt turn on now as well), and 99 si wireing harness. i checked for power in the (+) line of the VAFC with a voltmeter and got a low voltage on one, and then another line i got like 11.23v .
is there a fuse for the ECU? underneath the dash fusebox,, theres like 40 fuses and it blows going through them all.
heres what happens. the engine cranks and all my accesories work,but the fuel pump doesnt cycle, the VAFC doesnt come on, no spark. basically the ECU doesnt seem to be getting any power. i checked all my wires i tapped into for the VAFC, all were soldered and are still in perfect shape(no loose wires) i checked all plugs and all the fuses in the engine bay fusebox and a few under the dash. no pins got disconected from any ECU plugs. this is pissing me off like no other and if anyone can help me and get it to fire again,, you are the MAN. thanks
the car ran prior to me doing all this stuff and i tried to get some engine codes but since the ecu doesnt power up i cant get codes and i did try a different ECU.

[Modified by JDM CRX, 2:11 AM 8/10/2002]
Old 08-09-2002, 09:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: new HELP BADLY,,, my Funking car wont start (JDM CRX)

check ur fuses..grounds..and relays
Old 08-10-2002, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new HELP BADLY,,, my Funking car wont start (deepnite)

there is an ECU fuse in the fuse panel under the hood on the passenger side right by the firewall i belive.

ECU fuse and a 'backup' fuse

both are linked to ECU power