Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New on the h-t with a recovered EM1... need help.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New on the h-t with a recovered EM1... need help.

Wut sup h-t. I'm new on the site. I'm also VERY much CAR Illiterate but i am attempting to learn... I dont got t he money to go to a professional anyways.

I recently recovered my stolen EM1 and in the process or restoring it. the stupid thieves took all my interior and cut ALL my wires.........but good thing is they didn't take the engine..... anyways I look at this mess and pretty much just wanna drop dead but ima try it. I was wondering if u guys can help me identify wut this plug is.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man thats a first stolen honda and you still have your ECU/Motor and what not.

good luck on the revival
Old 02-24-2008, 11:27 PM

Default Re: New on the h-t with a recovered EM1... need help. (dohcem1)

Did you have a quick release on when they stole the car?
Old 02-24-2008, 11:33 PM

Default Re: New on the h-t with a recovered EM1... need help. (YellowPhoenix095)

dont know what that plug is but looks like you got it easy im glad your car was recovered
Old 02-25-2008, 03:09 AM

Default Re: New on the h-t with a recovered EM1... need help. (jeremyowns18)

It might go to the a/c or one of the things that are for the climate control... If I get a chance I'll look in back of my car and see if I can locate it
Old 02-25-2008, 05:17 AM

glad they found it. my si was stolen in nov of 2006, not found yet
Old 02-25-2008, 06:17 AM

I just got done looking at it, and its plugged into what looks like what controls the vents, cause there is an arm that is on a rail.... If I knew how to put pics up I would post it
Old 02-25-2008, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New on the h-t with a recovered EM1... need help. (wearyfurball)

Thanks alot. I didn't have the NRG lock installed at that time. I had it but didn't have a chance to put it on yet. They broke my ignition and damaged the steering column thing. They cut all my wires and alarm. I had a pro installed my alarm so now everything is everywhere and i dont know where to begin. I gotta go to the junkyard and get some parts today.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The Lobster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Lobster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man thats a first stolen honda and you still have your ECU/Motor and what not.

good luck on the revival</TD></TR></TABLE>

no that is a new ecu i bought at the junkyard. I couldnt wait to see if the car works or not... well it didnt...i guess too many wires cut.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you have a shop manual near the back they have pictures of every single wiring harness, and will tell you what each goes to.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Believe it or not, that doesn't look too bad. You got lucky.

That green plug, I believe, goes to the optional factory alarm system. Your car may have come pre-wired for it. That aftermarket alarm system installation looks like crap. I'd be pissed off at the installer. You might as well not had an alarm system.

You're going to have to learn how to solder a wire. Dude, PM me your email address. I have something that will help you on your rebuild.

I put a theft recovery back together for fun (and profit) a few years ago. It was a great learning experience.

Modified by D50boy at 11:05 AM 2/25/2008
Old 02-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New on the h-t with a recovered EM1... need help. (D50boy)

Do you know where i can get a shop manual for my year civic? I heard of the Helms manual and visited the website but they got a bunch of manuals. I din't know which one was for my car and for my need. If you can enlighten me that be great.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D50boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Believe it or not, that doesn't look too bad. You got lucky.

That green plug, I believe, goes to the optional factory alarm system. Your car may have come pre-wired for it. That aftermarket alarm system installation looks like crap. I'd be pissed off at the installer. You might as well not had an alarm system.

You're going to have to learn how to solder a wire. Dude, PM me your email address. I have something that will help you on your rebuild.

I put a theft recovery back together for fun (and profit) a few years ago. It was a great learning experience.

Modified by D50boy at 11:05 AM 2/25/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

That would be Great if you can help me or give me some pointers. Thanks in advance. I can't PM you yet becuase of the trial user thing so ill post up the email here.

datho120704@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I sent you an email. Oh, and yes that is the optional factory alarm plug.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WHAT!!!so all EM-1's dont come with factory alarms...
good luck on building this up i shouldn't be hard. just time consuming.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:07 AM
H-T White Ops

looks like a big *** pain.
PM'ed you with some help
Old 02-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow that left the motor and front end too, lucky. thieves on the eastcoast would of left it bone dry.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:52 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: New on the h-t with a recovered EM1... need help. (Dead CIVIC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dead CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WHAT!!!so all EM-1's dont come with factory alarms...
good luck on building this up i shouldn't be hard. just time consuming. </TD></TR></TABLE>
The factory alarm wasn't standard on any 6th gen US Civic. I doubt it was standard on any 6th gen Civic in the world.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek_will &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow that left the motor and front end too, lucky. thieves on the eastcoast would of left it bone dry.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Here they would have stripped just about anything, cut any stickers out and then cut the car into pieces and dump them.

His car being left with the motor is pure chance. The only front parts I see are fenders and a hood. The OP might have added those, since it looks like he might have started a little work on the car already. I don't know why anyone would steal the column, so I would think he removed the damaged one.

OP, you could probably use this: http://www.car-part.com
Old 02-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D50boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That aftermarket alarm system installation looks like crap. I'd be pissed off at the installer. You might as well not had an alarm system.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No kidding. A pro would at least use less obvious ways of connecting wires, it not solder, wrap the entire looms, and use stock-size/color wires. I think the word 'pro' should be exchanged for 'experienced'...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcem1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you know where i can get a shop manual for my year civic? I heard of the Helms manual and visited the website but they got a bunch of manuals. I din't know which one was for my car and for my need. If you can enlighten me that be great. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can buy helms manuals, but to give you a hint, some people have pirated them like mp3's. H-T removed any/all info relating to illegal copies, so don't ask any further for your own sake. They don't however police PM's... But seriously, in your case, it would be easiest to put down $50-80 for a hard copy. They are invaluable for big repairs.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn! As everyone else said. Your lucky! I'll vouche for Helms manuals! I pirated mine and found that it was so damn good that I bought it. I didnt like scrolling through the pdf file all the time. But I just like to try it before I buy it. VERY VERY good manual to have!!!I HIGHLY encourage you to buy it! Not only will it help you with wiring, it will help installing interior back together too. You wanna learn, this is the way! Also troubleshoots CEL codes. Does EVERYTHING!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D50boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I sent you an email. Oh, and yes that is the optional factory alarm plug.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey thanks alot I have replied to you. I would use the PM b ut i still can't use that feature yet. Thanks

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IslandSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like a big *** pain.
PM'ed you with some help</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks alot islandsi. That is gonna help me alot. I work all day so i can only work on it at night around 7pm. Ill PM you (when i can and when im done with the ) thanks alot.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New on the h-t with a recovered EM1... need help. (ek_will)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek_will &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow that left the motor and front end too, lucky. thieves on the eastcoast would of left it bone dry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeh everyone saids I got really lucky... The car was in a theft recovery situation before i became an owner... so it has a salvage title. They didn't take the motor or tranny that time either... Thats is another reason y i couldnt get full coverage on the car so all the fix and new parts are coming out of my own pocket.

Funny thing is...this is the second time and they took all the interior and left what i showed you guys.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadracer321 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn! As everyone else said. Your lucky! I'll vouche for Helms manuals! I pirated mine and found that it was so damn good that I bought it. I didnt like scrolling through the pdf file all the time. But I just like to try it before I buy it. VERY VERY good manual to have!!!I HIGHLY encourage you to buy it! Not only will it help you with wiring, it will help installing interior back together too. You wanna learn, this is the way! Also troubleshoots CEL codes. Does EVERYTHING!</TD></TR></TABLE> Tell you the truth i WOULD buy it but I barely got into this car scene game and building things myself instead of paying some "pro" to do a crappy job so it never came to mind to buy one. I WILL however invest in one soon.

Thanks everyone for help. I keep update.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats crazy, im not sure what your budget is. But what i would do is try and find a new shell to drop it in.

Could save you alot of headache and frustration down the road and maybe you can put better coverage on it.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:41 PM
H-T White Ops

How about just an all new harness for the interior?
Old 03-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get the helms. is the manual all honda owners should have in order to do anything and everything in, on, around, through the car. i bought one years ago when i used to just mess around with my em1. I recently got mine stolen, im using it put her back together like yourself. g/l with the build. ((mine happens to be the faster red color))

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New on the h-t with a recovered EM1... need help.