Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new to the game

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the game

in search of a 4dr civic looking forward to this i own a domestic at the moment but i want to turn over to japanese imports i want a 4 dr eg drop a gsr and go all motor. i guess my cuzin in law inspired me to all this seeing as how he literally handed my a$$ to me when he raced me in my 03 mustang v6 and him in his 92 civic gsr eg. let me know wat yall think yo
Old 12-29-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Re: new to the game (chino1685)

mustangs are slow
Old 12-29-2006, 06:44 PM

first off..lol wrong thread his is for "technical question's"

-second off if your lookin for fast/cheap/reliable

-go eg/(b16)(0R ls)/boost crap out of it...simple as that...sell your stang by the way....

mustang-0 civic-1

---also 4 door eg?

eg is eg...k

Old 12-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: new to the game (thizzledance)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thizzledance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
---also 4 door eg?

eg is eg...k

</TD></TR></TABLE>

He means only the 92-95 2 dr hatches is called the EG.

EG doesn't mean coupes and sedans, just hatches from 92-95.

Might as well call it a "'9* sedan."

At OP:
They're good b/c they're light, cheap, and reliable.

I'd still take a stang over a civic for a drag car anyday.

You can grab a low 90's 309 V8, bolt the heads down, run an assload of nitrous through 'em, and run 11's easy.

All for 5 or 6k.

You can't do that **** with a civic, that's the only problem.

Though you kinda make up for it in terms of longevity of a not-so-powerful engine, but still up there. Plus the power to weight ratio ******* owns. Tho don't get it twisted. Some of those engines can be made sick. Though if you want ur civic to be seeing 9's you got another thing coming - it's not a V8. I had to learn that lesson going from domestics to imports myself.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya dude the only v6-stang that's quick are the new ones. My buddy raced one in his 3800v6 Grand Prix and they were pretty even (and my buddies car is an '01). Heck. I raced one in my '94 f250 5.8 and walked him like a dog.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:19 PM

Default Re: (85_305)

hahhaha dude i smoke a new v6 stang in my 99 hatch wit a b16 and aem intake
Old 12-29-2006, 07:22 PM

Default Re: (85_305)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 85_305 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ya dude the only v6-stang that's quick are the new ones. My buddy raced one in his 3800v6 Grand Prix and they were pretty even (and my buddies car is an '01). Heck. I raced one in my '94 f250 5.8 and walked him like a dog.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um, not they arent. The new GTs run like 13s. They are pigs.

There is no fast V6 stang. If youre not worried about gas mileage, find another stang with a V8. (Just not mid 90s bc those get made fun of. Horrible car performance wise.)

Supercharge FTW.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:24 PM

Default Re: (99sibluehatchwitb16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99sibluehatchwitb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mustangs are slow</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just laughed my *** off at the statement when you have a civic in your avatar. I hope to god youre kidding.

Civics are wayyyyyyyyyy faster.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:28 PM

Default Re: (sasser43)

civic stripped to 1600lb's and b16/9psi will be in 11-12's if tuned right...
Old 12-29-2006, 07:30 PM

Default Re: (thizzledance)

v6 stang stripped to a mere 2500 lb's (meaty)&lt;&lt; running 9 psi. "first off cant even handle that much boost"

-running low13's high 12's
Old 12-29-2006, 07:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thizzledance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">civic stripped to 1600lb's and b16/9psi will be in 11-12's if tuned right...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, gotta love HT. I said nothing about modding cars, I dont even like stangs. I just cant see how anyone that has a civic with JUST a b16 can say any mustang is slow.

Throw a SC with not that much boost on a new stang and if its not in ATLEAST the low to mid 12s youre doing something horribly wrong.

You amaze me.

Edit: And the mustang going that fast is without swapping the whole engine
Old 12-29-2006, 09:39 PM

ive owned a v6 mustang in my civic....
kid thought hed blow his motor if he reved higher than 4000 rpms
Old 12-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

God, I love H-T.

Especially when people are comparing a POS eco box like the civic to a mustang.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thizzledance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

civic stripped to 1600lb's and b16/9psi will be in 11-12's if tuned right...

and

v6 stang stripped to a mere 2500 lb's (meaty)&lt;&lt; running 9 psi. "first off cant even handle that much boost"

-running low13's high 12's
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You really need to learn what the hell you're talking about, bro.

You can pick up a 309 V8 stang, stud the heads, run an assload of nitrous through it, and it'll run 11's all day. You can do this for circum 5k.

You CANNOT do that with a civic.

They're not comparable like that.

Though on the flipside, I have to agree with what you're saying when you're talking on the highway, stock form, power to weight ratios, etc.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:09 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">God, I love H-T.

Especially when people are comparing a POS eco box like the civic to a mustang.

You really need to learn what the hell you're talking about, bro.

You can pick up a 309 V8 stang, stud the heads, run an assload of nitrous through it, and it'll run 11's all day. You can do this for circum 5k.

You CANNOT do that with a civic.

They're not comparable like that.

Though on the flipside, I have to agree with what you're saying when you're talking on the highway, stock form, power to weight ratios, etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

keyword he got v6 not v8: so let's not get into "if he had's"

--simply put v6 motor much smaller less hp and not sure how much(don't care)

also ppl drive honda's for looks ease of customizing, stangs are ugly poor handling machine's

not nearly as much aftermarket support as honda which is why most choose honda
Old 12-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

keyword he got v6 not v8: so let's not get into "if he had's"

--simply put v6 motor much smaller less hp and not sure how much(don't care)

also ppl drive honda's for looks ease of customizing, stangs are ugly poor handling machine's

not nearly as much aftermarket support as honda which is why most choose honda</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your ignorance to the fact that there's an actual world outside of Honda is hilarious.

I realize what you're saying about the V6 in the new ones being **** - that part's very obvious and well known (also goes without saying).

As far as customizing, aftermarket support? You're sorely mistaken. There's BOOKS on customizing mustangs, and they're hell of a lot thicker than those on customizing civics. True the variety is wider and with the increased cost of gas a lot more people are customizing civics over mustangs though you can't count all the mustangs out of the game like that.

They're very customizable, and very much more powerful on a dragstrip in street legal form than a civic will ever be. ESPECIALLY if you have the same budget.

Also, your analysis on mustangs being "ugly poor handling machines" is taken out of perspective in quite a few angles ().

First off, they were never meant for handling, even w/ the right ground controls they aren't as agile as a civic due to inertia, plain and simple. Though a mustang will still *** on a civic when the budgets are the same due to ease of building it powerfully. Also, mustangs can drift...eat that..

Though on a more serious note.

Actually know something before you talk about it. Your deal is simple. It goes as follows:
Ford sucks, domestics suck, the mustang sucks, and honda rules.

It almost makes me feel sorry for you.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:38 PM

Welcome chino1685, good luck with whatever project you go with
Old 12-30-2006, 05:13 AM

Default Re: new to the game (S2k Hybrid)

Theres more aftermarket support for the fox body mustang than of any other car I know of.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new to the game (sasser43)

I had a few American cars, and I have turned to imports because my personal opinion is that they are built better and will last longer than domestics. Honestly, I think that is a very very very sad thing to have to feel considering America has an obsession with it's vehicles unlike any other country in the world, Ford started here and now they've turned to not-so-well-built vehicles. The point I'm getting to is that even though I personally will never purchase a domestic vehicle again..ever..I believe with TLC a domestic can still be good and can still last a long time, the difference is that someone may have to repair something BEFORE I do. The same **** goes bad on every car from every corner of the earth, it's more of a matter of how long that **** will last. I won't diss on someone because they own a Ford over a Honda. Yea pointless post, but on this topic I prefer to be neutral.