Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New to forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum

I want to post in the interior/exterior so I can ask about websites for custom floor mats for my 2002 honda civic EX but I can't post cause I'm new and I don't really have anything important to talk about otherwise so if I get flamed for this, I blame the mods. JUST LET ME INTO THE DAMN FORUM!

Anyway, my civic has a 1.7 liter sohc v-tech, stock exaust, rims, air intake, stock everything basicly. I bought it for 8k a week ago. Is my first project car. Advice on what to do? Thanks
Old 09-05-2004, 07:43 PM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to forum (moshboards)

start reading
Old 09-05-2004, 08:03 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to forum (Vtecin94dx)

congrats you just bought a pretty crappy car!!!

also don't post **** like "Hi you guys, uhhh I'm new....."

and try to find a way to get that engine out of there (if they don't have one already), it belongs in the underpowered lawnmover. Other then that car isn't to bad.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moshboards &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...blah...blah...

Anyway, my civic has a 1.7 liter sohc v-tech, stock exaust, rims, air intake, stock everything basicly. I bought it for 8k a week ago. Is my first project car. Advice on what to do? Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

You would want to A) get the Haynes manual B) remove the resonator boxes below ur air filter, cut a hole under your bumber and stick a hose thru there to the filter. Use 100MPH tape, none of this ductape crap. C) assume the previous owner f'd up the engine, so start doing tune up stuff to it everyday, allday. D) Oil changes. If you are serious about project tuning, you will be changing oil everytime it changes its shade of yellow.
Throw some Techron in there too.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:24 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to forum (f1z1c)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f1z1c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You would want to A) get the Haynes manual B) remove the resonator boxes below ur air filter, cut a hole under your bumber and stick a hose thru there to the filter. Use 100MPH tape, none of this ductape crap. C) assume the previous owner f'd up the engine, so start doing tune up stuff to it everyday, allday. D) Oil changes. If you are serious about project tuning, you will be changing oil everytime it changes its shade of yellow.
Throw some Techron in there too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope you are not fucken serious, this **** is dumbast **** I ever heard, and everybody on this forum is dumber just for reading this.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to forum (ABK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope you are not fucken serious, this **** is dumbast **** I ever heard, and everybody on this forum is dumber just for reading this.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Why? The link in your quote doesnt work.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f1z1c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You would want to A) get the Haynes manual B) remove the resonator boxes below ur air filter, cut a hole under your bumber and stick a hose thru there to the filter. Use 100MPH tape, none of this ductape crap. </TD></TR></TABLE> What are resonator boxes and why would I want to do this to my car? Doesn't make sense to me...
Old 09-13-2004, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moshboards &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> What are resonator boxes and why would I want to do this to my car? Doesn't make sense to me...</TD></TR></TABLE>
They-re boxes that supposedly quiet the air intake and engine, by possibly 1 to 3dBA. All together, the boxes suck hot air from the engine compartment, by removing them, you can modify your intake to suck cold air from under the car, as well as leave the stock square filter housing in there. Do this mod yourself for near-free at the same time you might want to clean your throttle, and reset the ECU. Try it or dont, you can save money on gas and expensive intakes.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moshboards &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want to post in the interior/exterior so I can ask about websites for custom floor mats for my 2002 honda civic EX but I can't post cause I'm new and I don't really have anything important to talk about otherwise so if I get flamed for this, I blame the mods. JUST LET ME INTO THE DAMN FORUM!

Anyway, my civic has a 1.7 liter sohc v-tech, stock exaust, rims, air intake, stock everything basicly. I bought it for 8k a week ago. Is my first project car. Advice on what to do? Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not gonna even say anything
Old 09-13-2004, 04:18 PM

You're funny. He already said he has an "air-intake". He probably doesn't have the resonator in there anymore.

Thanks for the laugh. I enjoyed reading your input.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New to forum (HyBriDcxR)

before you start getting death threats in the mail and cussed at on the road, I'm just gonna point out that its vtec, not vtech nor v-tec, nor v-tech, nor any other variation. just plain ole vtec.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to forum (burningwrek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by burningwrek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">before you start getting death threats in the mail and cussed at on the road, I'm just gonna point out that its vtec, not vtech nor v-tec, nor v-tech, nor any other variation. just plain ole vtec.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanx!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Economic Upturn, WUT

this forum is full of sex, drugs, and debauchery, i suggest you go some place else.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:39 PM

Hi there
Old 09-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to forum (burningwrek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by burningwrek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">before you start getting death threats in the mail and cussed at on the road, I'm just gonna point out that its vtec, not vtech nor v-tec, nor v-tech, nor any other variation. just plain ole vtec.</TD></TR></TABLE>
So what youre saying is that it doesnt have Vortec? (vortech?)