Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new EG owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new EG owner

hey guys

this is my first post here, although I've read alot on the site, and I was just wondering about some things. I bought a 95 EG coupe and the previous owner did some pretty crazy **** to the car.

1) he said he was putting in Integra seats in the rear, but only bolted the bottom part of the seat to the car. I'm even wondering if these seats bolt right up or if it's going to be a pain in the *** to get them to fit.

2) he also cut the exhaust off, and left a muffler that he bolted onto the car so that it looks like it has an exhaust. this makes the car extremely loud and was wondering what kind of exhausts that you all recommend for it.

3) he shaved the door handles off, so i need to use a popper to get the doors open, only problem is that only one door works. I know I need to get into the wiring in the door and hook it up different. but how do you guys think I should go about this? I'm temped just to buy new doors, since handles never bothered me before. do you guys recommend any place to get oem honda parts?

4) he wired new projection headlights to the car, and now it has no turn signals for the front. he also took out a corner light (for increased airflow to the intake apparently) and I'll need to get a new one of those. again, do you guys recommend anywhere to get oem honda parts?

that's all I'll ask at the moment, but I know this is going to definately be a project. he said he has coilovers installed, but the ride is pretty horrid. I'm bouncing all over the place when I'm driving and it's a little scary. pretty much the only thing done right that he did was the short shift kit.... sigh.

but it's alright, it'll be fun working on a car again. thanks in advance guys.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:19 PM

integra seats bolt right up...i think i would just get the door poppers to work...and http://www.majestichonda.com for oem parts
Old 01-12-2006, 08:53 AM

Default Re: new EG owner (zen_flatlander)

bro it sounds like you got ripped off. i wouldnt have even bought this car with all the problems it has. but if you need help i have a skunk 2 exhaust for sale. and as for the turn signals i have the stock set if you wish to buy them. plus you might have to wire everything back up. sounds like he disconnected the lights.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:56 AM

damn dude, if you were closer i could help you out getting this thing to work right too...but you should just get this thing to work then possibly sell it so you dnot have to deal with it anymore
Old 01-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (x_outlaw_x)

Yeah, it sounds like you got a bad deal. Make it work and get rid of it
Old 01-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Bloody Beaver

Default Re: (x_outlaw_x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by x_outlaw_x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">integra seats bolt right up</TD></TR></TABLE>4dr teg rears do, but the 2dr's don't really work out too well
Old 01-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

doesnt sound that bad. my car was worse when i bought it. just some people dont want to bother with any extra work. where as i enjoy these things for some reason.

anyway... pick up at least a test light, a multimeter would be best to check any wiring for the turn signals and the door poppers. order a helm's shop manual. it will come in handy a lot more then you would think.

as for parts like turn signals etc, check out your local salvage yard, or look on here. you'll proably find anything you need or want on this site alone. i also have a set of turn signals if you would like them. sell 'em cheap. just PM for any more questions or info on the signals.

good luck!
Old 01-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (94hatchling)

ditch the projectors and get some jdm headlights and corners
Old 01-12-2006, 11:19 AM

Default Re: (.Beaver)

l
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Beaver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4dr teg rears do, but the 2dr's don't really work out too well</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, they might be 2dr.. do two door rear teg seats divide in the middle? I'm really starting to think this guy was an idiot.

but whatever, it's a project, gotta make it work.