Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEW DIY Finaly Machined (After long, long, long wait). EG Rear SubFrame Reinforcement!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW DIY Finaly Machined (After long, long, long wait). EG Rear SubFrame Reinforcement!!

Finally got my $h!t togeather! Sorry for the delay. Here is the update to the DIY I started long ago. Here is what I have so far.

Like the title says, this is a Rear Subframe Reinforcement bar. I have not demensioned the drawing yet, but PMme for the Solidworks part or DXF and I will send. I will be installing this this friday to certify fit.

Let me know what ya think!

Modified by EG-Honda at 7:03 PM 10/17/2007
Old 10-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pics installed is a must. Also careful about advertising in threads, Mods dont take kindly on it.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pics installed is a must. Also careful about advertising in threads, Mods dont take kindly on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

^^ Hahaha... we know all to well about that. IFPOII (In for pics of it installed)
Old 10-17-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: (Luserkid)

Thanks for heads up - post edited for content!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EG-Honda)

make sure you put like sumin in the middle (logo or sumin) so people wont take ur idea, but it looks nice, maybe even finalize it by blingin it out a lil more not to much
Old 10-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NEW DIY Finaly Machined (After long, long, long wait). EG Rear SubFrame Reinforcement!! (EG-Hond

Looks well done. What is the material?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: NEW DIY Finaly Machined (After long, long, long wait). EG Rear SubFrame Reinforcement!! (EG-Hond

What are the two middle holes for? I knew you were making the backup plates for the sway bar d-brackets. I didn't know you were designing a reinforcement bar. How much were you planning to sell these for?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEW DIY Finaly Machined (After long, long, long wait). EG Rear SubFrame Reinforcement!!

From the looks of it I would say its aluminum.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've got your other kit EG-Honda.... and I'm loving it. Can't wait to see what's the deal with this.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks well done. What is the material?</TD></TR></TABLE>
6061 Aluminum
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by p00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've got your other kit EG-Honda.... and I'm loving it. Can't wait to see what's the deal with this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Glad you like the kit! Have not had any bad reports from any users!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What are the two middle holes for? I knew you were making the backup plates for the sway bar d-brackets. I didn't know you were designing a reinforcement bar. How much were you planning to sell these for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Holes in the middle are just for machining purposes. Need to see if it works before creating an actual jig. PM me for price if interested. I don't want this post to be moved!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:41 PM
* B A N N E D *

what are the dimensions? i want something small and out of the way so people dont see it and try to race me on the street
Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are the dimensions? i want something small and out of the way so people dont see it and try to race me on the street </TD></TR></TABLE>

you drive a civic. everyone trys to race you. lol. i know its true for me
Old 10-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed, even though i got a 96-00...
Old 10-18-2007, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yoej8)

nice looking piece......price range??
Old 10-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Definetly want to see it installed.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are the dimensions? i want something small and out of the way so people dont see it and try to race me on the street </TD></TR></TABLE>

paint it flat black.....

but nicely done
Old 10-18-2007, 04:23 PM
* B A N N E D *

i think im on the diffrent page as you guys. DIY means do it yourself. it seems like you guys are implying that he is selling this pieace?

so is it a DIY like he will post up how in fact to do it yourself or is it simply an advertisment?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (malubawla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by malubawla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice looking piece......price range??</TD></TR></TABLE>

The poster has been very good about trying to abide by the forum rules and guidelines, and I'm sure he's aware that pricing will not be posted here.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think im on the diffrent page as you guys. DIY means do it yourself. it seems like you guys are implying that he is selling this pieace?

so is it a DIY like he will post up how in fact to do it yourself or is it simply an advertisment? </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you want to do this yourself, I believe you're going to need some expensive machining equipment. My impression is that the original poster created this piece for his own usage, but may be willing to machine others if members wanted to purchase an identical piece.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The poster has been very good about trying to abide by the forum rules and guidelines, and I'm sure he's aware that pricing will not be posted here.

If you want to do this yourself, I believe you're going to need some expensive machining equipment. My impression is that the original poster created this piece for his own usage, but may be willing to machine others if members wanted to purchase an identical piece.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's as if I have two login's
Old 10-18-2007, 08:13 PM
* B A N N E D *

how would i go about making one out of steel. i have acesses to metal working equipment, why steel becuase can't weld aluminum. my tig doesnt have an AC setting, but your pieace does look thick enough to stick weld on
Old 10-19-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: (suicide_shift)

You just need the part model from me, your machining guys should be able to make it for you. Steel just takes a longer amount of time to machine. However if you went with steel, you could use a thiner plate!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:43 AM
waiting for the perfect fit....

wow this is sweet nice job with the fab work
Old 10-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good work. I'm looking to pick up an EG shortly, and if I do, I'll definitely try to get in touch with you, since you're local.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (p nut)

damn!! looks great! can't wait to see pics of it installed!! 8)
Old 10-19-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: (mRek9R)

First bolt on done today, need to make some slight changes. Then re-fit.

Quick Reply: NEW DIY Finaly Machined (After long, long, long wait). EG Rear SubFrame Reinforcement!!