Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New DelSol, New here, New problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New DelSol, New here, New problems

Hi Guys

this is my first post. yesterday I bought a fair condition Del Sol although I don't know what the word "fair" here stands for I am from Egypt and quite interested in car restoration and projects.

anyway,
it is 92 supposed to have an S engine but it has an Si 1.6 engine in it. There is some engine noise the whining type of noise like a pulley or something similar I still have to investigate more as I bought it last night.

Few other problems I found:
1. needs a lot of work on the suspension, and some electrics.

2. the clutch pedal sticks for a second after you release your foot from it then it goes up to complete release. Also the clutch (disc/pressure plate) seem to clap against each other when I shift. The car acceleration and top speed in each gear is not bad but it could be better for a delsol i guess. Now the question is, do you think it needs clutch replacement?

I'll keep you posted with updates...
Old 03-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New DelSol, New here, New problems

1) what's wrong with the suspension?

2) Looks like you'll need to check the clutch master/slave unit.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is the clutch newish? or stock. It could just be a bad alignment.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

@Revenged-son: No Idea about the clutch it may be new or old but it is definitely a stock as where I live now, it is almost impossible to get aftermarket parts but you can definitely get cheaper/ fake chinese parts. how do I check the alignment???

@bigdaddy: how do I check the master/slave? I mean can it be fine tuned? or do you mean adjusting the clutch point?
right the suspension: CV joints needs replacing for a starter, all four shock absorbers are very hard when going over bumps and humps...probably the coils are bad too, there is a bad hand made under car strut brace that is welded in some weird place instead of being fixed with bolts and nuts. which takes me to the question of can I design one that could be fixed with bolts and nuts? any picture for one? because the current one keeps knocking against the exhaust pipe every time I go from stand still slightly faster than usual. This is as far as I investigated today.

Oh by the way I fixed the whining sound it was the alternator pulley was a bit rough I changed it and the engine is now sweet as nut but would still do it a regular service with all oils, liquids, filters...etc.