Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New to board......turboing a SOHC

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to board......turboing a SOHC

Has anyone turboed their SOHC coupes? If so, what turbo?
Are you happy with the turbo?
The reason i am asking is because i am debating swapping vs. turboing.

old pics of my car,
http://students.depaul.edu/~mdzik/civic.asp

Thanks in Advance
Old 07-06-2002, 07:53 AM

Default Re: New to board......turboing a SOHC (jeekE_)

Im happy with Greddy Turbo on SOHC.. I can feel the Greddy turbo pull the motor hard to make my car go quicker.. Two years ago, I was thinking about getting Greddy Turbo on my SOHC.. My friend's selling the Greddy Turbo Kit with BOV for $1200.. It is very cheap and I bought it from him.. IT doesnt come with IC.. SO Anyway I bought Greddy IC with Piping, BBK Fuel Pump, Hayame Fuel Rail with GSR injectors, ACT Extreme clutch with SS disc, APex N1 catback, Profec B, Apex VAFC, and NGK spark plug wire... My friend's installed everything on my civic.. I run on my car for regular daily because I have to break the clutch about 500 miles.. After the clutch break 500 miles, I pull my Civic into 5 pound of boost.. Oh yeah that is different.. SO I crank up the boost up to 10 pound and it is very different.. I can feel myself pull but I feel great with Turbo on SOHC.. I never had experience about SWAP... I dont know it is good or bad.. My choice is go get Turbo or Supercharge.. GO for it...
Old 07-06-2002, 12:02 PM
Trial User

Default Re: New to board......turboing a SOHC (JDM EX)

the greddy kit is not bad at all!! we have a guy that was on this kit with stock internals at 12 psi ran 13.9s all day in EK coupe, on 14" steelies

another good friend of mine had his greddy kit in a EG coupe for about 3 years never had any problems with it (now unfortunately stolen ) that thing was 12s waiting to happen (had just gotten hondata etc)

all depends on what you like more, NA or boost. i myself have always been proponent of NA for honda.....but if done right boost in honda can do very well also. oh and btw welcome