Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New Apex N1 dampner system?

Old 11-13-2004, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Apex N1 dampner system?

hey guys...
over the past couple months ive been hearing a few things about Apex coming out with a new N1 dampner system to replace there old costly N1 type pros?

the word was that they were getting to expensive to produce in japan so they had them made somewhere else to make them more cost effective for customers...(would they still be the same great quality?)

if anyone has any info or specs on this suspension post here so i can read it...thanx

Old 11-13-2004, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have some called the N1 type V...
Is that it?
Old 11-14-2004, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Andres-eh2)

Just a comment about Apex suspensions, don't get them. I had one on my ITR when I bought it. Right front shock was blown from some idiot slamming it too far.

Contacted Apex about it.

Problem #1, you can't get the install instruction in english. Even their US techs don't quite know what the instructions say.

Problem #2, I wanted to get the shocks rebuilt because I imagine they all had taken a beating. Price wasn't too high, I think $100 a piece. I couldn't get them to send me an authorization code to ship the shocks to them for rebuild. So, here I am with a dead shock.

Problem #3, Their techs really don't know crap about the suspension. They know about the other Apex products but, the suspension must be like a read headed step child.

So, my recommendation it to go with someone like Tien. They have good instructions, good product range and seem to know suspension.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:27 AM

Default Re: (MasterKwan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MasterKwan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Problem #3, Their techs really don't know crap about the suspension. They know about the other Apex products but, the suspension must be like a read headed step child.

So, my recommendation it to go with someone like Tien. They have good instructions, good product range and seem to know suspension.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I could vouch for that also, i'm running n1's and tried to contact them so many times. Depending on who I talked to they gave me different info on the spring rates and adjustability of the n1's.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:40 AM

Those are 42 stage of hard-soft settings arent they? i dont know but the N1s are pretty good shox IMO, (but i find out Buddy Clubs more suitable for me at last).

so beside the customer services. i would go for it. sure suspensions might leak but.. well. i only experience once in a leak shox so i dont know
Old 11-14-2004, 07:12 AM

Default Re: (sinister6)

no they arent the type v's im familiar with those...

and i had apex N1' type pros on my eg and they were freakin awesome...and its not just apex any suspension you buy if you slam it to the ground and run it like that for a long time you lower the life of the product im sure apex has recomended product adjustments and you want to go outside there recomendations then that your problem ...

Apex gets a FROM ME
Old 11-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (FBPninetynineEM1)

i'm running apex'i world sports and they are good for daily driving. should have saved another 300 for the n1's but nonetheless FBPninetynineEM1 is right, if you slam it too low it will lower the life of the shock and ruin the warranty with Apexi or whatever company you are dealing with.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (EJ7COUPE)

Apex might have all sorts of recommendations. I don't speak much Japanese though so, how could I tell? I would suggest that APEX does nothing that every other reputable manufacturer does so, when it comes time to spending money, customer service is probably pretty high on my decision list.

I also had a hell of a time getting it apart because the threaded rings were frozen to the threads. So, you might want to think about getting shocks with the teflon coatings, again Tien has this.

I was pretty happy with Koni-Yellows and a set of Ground Controls too. At least if you blow a shock you can just replace it and not have to go back to Apex.