Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new

hey whats up i know a few people on here. gotten a few parts from here. have a 93 eg bout to have some fun.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new (lilgryeg)

ok.....
Old 02-18-2007, 08:26 PM

we need to have a message that goes to all newbs when they sign up that states what each forum is for, and some general rules. Email it to them or something.

OP (original poster)-this belongs in App./Cos., I think, even though it doesnt have pics, I think that is where the intros are supposed to be.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lilgryeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey whats up i know a few people on here. gotten a few parts from here. have a 93 eg bout to have some fun.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, hi.

Try to leave social stuff to the social forum (general discussion/debate).
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new (GreyDel)

Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new (sol2hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sol2hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we need to have a message that goes to all newbs when they sign up that states what each forum is for, and some general rules. Email it to them or something.

OP (original poster)-this belongs in App./Cos., I think, even though it doesnt have pics, I think that is where the intros are supposed to be. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That wouldn't work, because they'd just skip over it, much like the "user terms and end license agreement" you skipped before you confirmed your account .

Old 02-18-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: new (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That wouldn't work, because they'd just skip over it, much like the "user terms and end license agreement" you skipped before you confirmed your account .

</TD></TR></TABLE>

that was the TOS, with all the fine print and legal crap. I am just talking a brief description of the diff forums, and where diff types of post belong and such. Put it in a little welcome email, make it pretty colors, put some glitter on it, ****. I dont care.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, hi.

Try to leave social stuff to the social forum (general discussion/debate).</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHA, YEAH. RIGHT. Like anyone would give a crap in there.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sol2hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that was the TOS, with all the fine print and legal crap. I am just talking a brief description of the diff forums, and where diff types of post belong and such. Put it in a little welcome email, make it pretty colors, put some glitter on it, ****. I dont care.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha. It won't work either way. The only way u'll get it to work is if you make EVERY forum they enter go to the general discussion and debate with a pop-up message telling them why as long as they're a trial member .

And I've dealt with the control panels on forums like this one, before. I don't know how to do that or if that's possible w/o hardcore reprogramming due to the way it's setup .

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sol2hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
HAHAHA, YEAH. RIGHT. Like anyone would give a crap in there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My point exactly .
Old 02-18-2007, 08:44 PM

alright, i got this. give me some time. I....... have a solution
Old 02-18-2007, 09:46 PM

Hello New User, Welcome to Honda-Tech

There is a wealth of information here on this forum just waiting for you to discover.

Whether you joined to get some help with a problem on your Honda, wanted to see other peoples cars and get ideas for your own, wanted to buy some parts, or maybe you just own a Honda and wanted to join the club, a good place to start is with a good &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;SEARCH&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; . You will notice the red SEARCH button on the top right hand side of the screen. You can search to see if someone has had a similiar problem, or has a similiar post to what you wanted to make.

The first screen you come to has a long list of different sections you can choose from, each having there own reason.

The first list you will see are Model Specific TECH forums. These are forums for general TECH related questions and post about SPECIFIC MODELS. A suspension question is not MODEL specific, as all cars have it, so that might be better suited in the Suspension forum. You get the idea. Before you post a question, SEARCH to see if it has been covered before, because it probably has.

The next list you will see are more Technical Forums, except this time instead of car/model specific, it is topic specific, IE All motor, FI (forced induction), Suspension, Drag racing, AutoX, etc. Your questions about these matters go in the designated forum.

The next place you will see the Marketplace. Come on, do you need an explaination about this? Buy or sell your parts here.

The next section is labeled Honda-Tech Forums. You will find the Appearance and Cosmetic section. This section is good for when you want to show off your car and get feedback on what you have done. Or if you have questions about something to do with appearance in general, this is your forum. The other sections here are the Events and Meets section, where you can find out what is going on in your area, or announce something of your own. And then there is Kills. Tell stories of who you raced and what happened here. Enter at your own risk.

And then there is GDD- General discussion and debate. This is basically the Off-topic forums of Honda-Tech. You can explore these for yourself.

There you go, I hope that you read this and understand the layout of this website.

Again, Welcome to HT.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:47 PM

****, who am I kidding, no one is going to read that.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sol2hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">****, who am I kidding, no one is going to read that. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah.

People like your dumbass who try to make things easy for people that makes them crack under the pressure of reading all that and post stupid **** here .

I don't know, I find it to be common sense, I don't see how pple post in the wrong forum, I just don't get it.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:02 PM

hey! my dumbass is going to save this forum, you just wait and see! lol

I understand that people get the wrong forum sometimes. They are new, and get to that first page and see 92-00 Civic/del sol forum, and thats were they go to immediately. They dont read the rules, and then get flamed for being in the wrong forum, get butt hurt, and leave. Hopefully this will help them out.

Now the people that dont bother to read this informative welcome,
Old 02-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah.

People like your dumbass who try to make things easy for people that makes them crack under the pressure of reading all that and post stupid **** here .

I don't know, I find it to be common sense, I don't see how pple post in the wrong forum, I just don't get it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont throw stones we all know your humble "beginings"

lol

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1494157

is still in my Favs
Old 02-18-2007, 10:12 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: new (highrev1987)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highrev1987 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dont throw stones we all know your humble "beginings"

lol

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1494157

is still in my Favs </TD></TR></TABLE>

I love that thread.... so much.