Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Neuspeed Short Throw Shifter Install questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neuspeed Short Throw Shifter Install questions

I ordered one a few weeks ago off ebay brand new for $40.oo so considering the price I thought it was a good deal. Anyway, just recently I got around to installing it. it came with 2 polyeurethane bushings, one boneshaped (figured out where that one went) and another round bushing (couldn't find where that went so I didn't install it). Took the car fora test ride, is shifted grteat, throw was nice but when in gear it was terribly sloppy! I then put it back up in the air and went back under the car. I tried everywhere I thought was possible for that bushing to go, and figured it had to go on the bottom of the new shift lever trimmed it slightly to fit and...obviously found I was wrong once I road tested it. Throw was good, nice and tight in gear, but as I was driving and would hit a small bump in the road, it would pop out of gear. I then removed everything and reinstalled the factory shifter.

I finally got around to emailing neuspeed and they appoligized for their lack of detail in the instructions, but told me that this bushing is to go up near the trans and should get rid of "most" of the sloppyness while in gear.

I've gotten use to the install, but it is a pain. If I do it again I want to be happy with it.Has anyone here dealt with the Neuspeed shifter and familliar with its install? Any insight anoy can give would be great.

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Neuspeed Short Throw Shifter Install questions (Slammed_am)

i got a tenzo shifter off ebay for like 35 bucks and had that extra rubber bushing but couldnt figure out where it went but i havent had any problems with it except the main pin came loose and linkage fell apart when i replace the bolt i was sure to use lock tight other than that no complaints
Old 07-28-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Neuspeed Short Throw Shifter Install questions (northkai3)

the bushing go on the front of the shift likage stablizer bar byt the tranny
Old 07-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, thats what they told me after I had emailed Neuspeed. Does that take care of the sloppyness I was experiencing in the shifter?