Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Are Neuspeed or H&R Race springs too much for Tokiko Blues?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are Neuspeed or H&R Race springs too much for Tokiko Blues?

I'm looking for a 2-2.5" drop, with good handling and decent ride quality.
My question is, are the neuspeed race or H&R race springs too much of a spring rate for the Tokiko blue shocks? Are the springs too stiff for a non adjustable shock? If so, would the sport line up be better matched to these shocks?
Old 05-13-2003, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Are Neuspeed or H&R Race springs too much for Tokiko Blues? (WAFFLES)

Do not use them... it is my understanding that the blues are simply a replacement stock shock. My friend has Neuspeed Race springs w/ tokico blues on his DB2 and he absolutely hates them.

My advice:
Save up some extra cash and buy a shock that can handle more then the blues. ie. KYB AGX's (but that's just my preference)

Hope I helped.

Scott
Old 05-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are Neuspeed or H&R Race springs too much for Tokiko Blues? (SlippylesKB)

Thanks...I would buy another shock, but I dont really want to keep spending money on my car since I plan on selling it sometime soon. I just need new springs because my Sprints are junk and have sagged a lot, plus I want something a lil stiffer.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Are Neuspeed or H&R Race springs too much for Tokiko Blues? (SlippylesKB)

From my experience of watching my friends all buy tokiko blues, they ALL blew out. Thus, all needing new shocks. One of my good friends has a GSR Integra with KYB AGX, tucking his wheels, and they have been AWESOME!

I would advise againest those blues with a drop.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Are Neuspeed or H&R Race springs too much for Tokiko Blues? (vw-honda-hatches)

I've got KYB AGX's on H&R Race (I believe they are about the same as Neuspeeds) and I haven't had a problem at all, I absolutely LOVE the ride!

Edit: Got my shocks for $330 shipped not too bad just go to Coximports.com or something like that. They used to have free shipping and a Honda-Tech Coupon code for $10 off.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, when you buy the blues, it says they can handle a drop, but not much. It currently rides pretty good, not too bad. But my sprints are a soft spring rate. I might try some Tein Ss.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are Neuspeed or H&R Race springs too much for Tokiko Blues? (WAFFLES)

I hear blues aren't bad (as long as you don't have super-high spring rates or a 2"+ drop). There are people on H-T that have run blues for a long time without problems. They are not just a replacement shock (OEM), they are firmer.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are Neuspeed or H&R Race springs too much for Tokiko Blues? (Sushiboy)

I have Neuspeed Race with Koni reds...no complaints here.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:49 PM

i heard that KYB AGX's cant handle a drop more than 2" is this true?
Old 05-13-2003, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Are Neuspeed or H&R Race springs too much for Tokiko Blues? (Racerage1)

The warranty is only available for drops higher then 1.5 in. I believe. If you go lower it voids the warranty, but the AGX is more than capable for holding a 2.5 in. drop.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlippylesKB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The warranty is only available for drops higher then 1.5 in. I believe. If you go lower it voids the warranty, but the AGX is more than capable for holding a 2.5 in. drop.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know this is true with the Blues, but I believe the AGXs also only handle a 1.5" on warranty...you might want to double check.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:19 PM
New User

Are Neuspeed or H&R Race springs too much for Tokiko Blues?

Yes.

Any aftermarket spring will be "too much".

Term used loosely.

In order for a spring and strut/damper/shock to perfectly perform together, they need to be engineered together...

You'll find many products work well with each other, however only cutain setups such as H&R cup kits or TEIN suspension are designed and engineered together...

Just something to consider.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Are Neuspeed or H&R Race springs too much for Tokiko Blues? (Sushiboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sushiboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hear blues aren't bad (as long as you don't have super-high spring rates or a 2"+ drop). There are people on H-T that have run blues for a long time without problems. They are not just a replacement shock (OEM), they are firmer. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Like what he said. I had Intrax with a 2.5 drop and they felt like stock shocks. Once I raised my car a little with Progress(they suck IMO) they rode alot better. But for there warranty why not go with them. They don't know how low you are. When you use the warranty they'll send you the new set before they pull yours. I was going to do an upgrade to Illumina's but never got around to it.