Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Needs help convincing parents

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Needs help convincing parents

So im 16 and im looking for my first car. I found a 94 civic CX with a built b16 and my parents dont want me to get it because they dont want me racing. Ive already said that its only a 4 cylinder so i cant go fast and ive told them that i wont race even though im gonna.
If anyone has any suggestions of things i can say to convince them that i should be allowed to get the car it would help alot.
Tthanks
Old 05-10-2009, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Needs help convincing parents

lol
Old 05-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

not really man they are only looking out for you trying to keep you safe and make sure you make it to 17.
trust me 4 cylinders are fast. a good friend of mine just died on may 3rd and all he had was a stock single he just turned 18...

your parents are right, i was 16 not to long ago and had a accord with a built h22.
had my licence for 3 days got arrested for 135 in a 45.

your best bet is to find something that is resonable and some what.stock and build it your self as you get the money and the skill.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First thing. You should had never told them that it had a motor swap. tell them you looked into it and the b16 is slower than the orignal motor but is better on gas. tell them it has 120HP and wont go over 100mph.

I was you at one point and was hard to get my first car a crx with a DOHC swap in it. but i got it by making **** up.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98civdx
not really man they are only looking out for you trying to keep you safe and make sure you make it to 17.
trust me 4 cylinders are fast. a good friend of mine just died on may 3rd and all he had was a stock single he just turned 18...

your parents are right, i was 16 not to long ago and had a accord with a built h22.
had my licence for 3 days got arrested for 135 in a 45.

your best bet is to find something that is resonable and some what.stock and build it your self as you get the money and the skill.
and what in the hell were you thinking about when doing 135 in a 45? thats just dangerous leave speeding up to the track or certain highways that are empty in the middle of the night. I am 21 and have never had a speeding ticket in my life. only stupid *** tickets like expired inspection. you just gotta play smart when speeding and know when and where you can do it. even at age 16 i thought like this. if you really love life and love your car then you will respect it and play safe.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was 18 I had a JDM B16A swapped CX and I got in plenty of trouble. I say you have a good set of parents if they know better than to buy you a fixed up Civic. You need to grow up before you can handle a quick car.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:09 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. My dad was a street racer and so is my older brother whos gotten in plenty of trouble for it so its really hard to talk to my parents about buying a fixed up car. Maybe ill just keep looking for maybe a less modified ek which is what i really want.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by TravisCadello
and what in the hell were you thinking about when doing 135 in a 45? thats just dangerous leave speeding up to the track or certain highways that are empty in the middle of the night. I am 21 and have never had a speeding ticket in my life. only stupid *** tickets like expired inspection. you just gotta play smart when speeding and know when and where you can do it. even at age 16 i thought like this. if you really love life and love your car then you will respect it and play safe.
it was on an empty high way at like 330 in the morning. out in the middle of no where. didnt see any cars till i was slowing down and got off the high way where the cop caught up to me.
i dont do stupid sh*t like that around people. and have never done it sence.
and when i do speed i make sure its not crazy. 15-20 over on high way and not going in and out of people.
and i do keep my racing on the track. i know to many to people that arent here any more because of **** like that. and i was almost 1 of them when my friend was racing and the car hit us, rolled it into a feild at 120 luckly walked away.
listen to you parents man, you dont wanna be one more that never made it 17.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For the OP, the best thing for you to have fun with is a Single Cam V Tec. They are Fast and with Mods can be real fast. slowly build it and you will slowly get used to more and more power instead of jumping into the game with a fast *** car thats gonna be wrecked in less than 6 months.

Go for a 92-95 EX Or SI Civic Or 96-00 Civic EX
Old 05-10-2009, 01:20 PM

Two of my buddies were out racing this road that is all hills up and down for 2 miles and they decided to try and get air. They did jump the car and came down with the steering wheel twisted. The driver was fine but the passenger ended up in the hospital for 3/4 of his senior year. Its been over a year and his foot still isnt normal and probably never will be. Another night we were all out racing the twistys and one of the cars went into a ditch luckily nothing happened. Im not gonna be doing anything that risky but i do want a car that i can take out at night and run the local circuits.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WhiteSlipsWithStickers
When I was 18 I had a JDM B16A swapped CX and I got in plenty of trouble. I say you have a good set of parents if they know better than to buy you a fixed up Civic. You need to grow up before you can handle a quick car.
i have to agree. a very good friend of mine got into a car accident going triple digit speeds. his fiance was with him. she was killed instantly. he walked out with two broken ribs and a shattered leg. at 18 years old. he had a GSR Teg supercharged pushing 350 whp.

he now has to live with the fact of life. and only races on the track now. and his parents FORBID him to have an Acura again. and on his record he has street racing involving death. witch is a felony in Texas. yea he served time.

listen to your parents. im sure they love you and want you to be safe. get a everydayer and a job. save up and build yourself a separate quick car.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^Your friends are complete idiots for putting their own friends in danger like that. they could had flipped the poor car and caught fire and killed them. Do us a favor and don't ride with him. keep it straight line dragging nothing more and you will be good. untill you buy a EVO or STI.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Master Detailer

thats whats going to get you killed...
sure you might be able to handle and the car but what happens if someone pulls out infront of you.
i saw this thing on the news a long time ago but a family in a van pulled out in front of them and a racer hit them...
all but the racer died... theres noithing wrong with wanting a car with a little ***** but not when your 16. a stock ex 5spd would be more then enough to get you introuble.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:25 PM

Just bought a 94 honda del sol B16A stock, they have a pretty big punch on those tiny little cars. why would you go racing with it though, i mean sure go fast with it sometimes and fast starts at lights but why would you actually race with people on the street its stupid.. I'm 16 going on 17 soon dude just dont be an idiot..
Old 05-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when i got my first car i was more intrested in doin up the looks of the car rather than speed. as time past i started off small and worked my way up
Old 05-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by robbys89
when i got my first car i was more intrested in doin up the looks of the car rather than speed. as time past i started off small and worked my way up
that is a good idea for this guy
but op please do as all a favor and dont be a ricer and GET AN ALARM lol
Old 05-10-2009, 01:34 PM

^^^ hahaha, basically same for me right now, dont really wanna make the engine have any more power right now. just gotta really clean the exterior and interior (: its all about how the car looks in high school
Old 05-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought my first crx when I was 15. **** what your parents say, get your own money.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Master Detailer

well not all lol
its has been awhile sence ive been in high school but who had the most power was deffently something but power is also.

Orangegsx- what did the crx have in it??
Old 05-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It was a gutted flat black crx. Lowered with a d16a6. Had a few small mods. Was pretty snappy
Old 05-10-2009, 01:42 PM

I go out and do alot of racing with my friends but we normally have enough cars to hold the traffic and only drag on the highways. We got busted once but the SE-R pulled over so we took the shoulder with a 350z pushing us through traffic but we had to go back to the scene so our buddy in the sentra didnt loose his license. I HATE ricers. I like the cars to have no body kit and a carbon fiber hood. Other than that im all about performance.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:52 PM

than have fun losing your licence when you only have your N and have to keep starting over..
Old 05-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by Rangedrecon
than have fun losing your licence when you only have your N and have to keep starting over..
what??
your n?
Old 05-10-2009, 01:55 PM

HAHA MY BAD, thats what we have up in canada. EH
Old 05-10-2009, 02:00 PM

Im gonna be careful beacuse my parents already told me when i get a ticket they are going to take my car.

Quick Reply: Needs help convincing parents