Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need your opinion or Ideas !

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your opinion or Ideas !

For years, I have been toying around with the idea to make a car related website just for fun. Now is 2002 and online websites specially Honda sites are abundant, extremely abundant. But the past 2 weeks, I came with a concept that I think no one has ever thought before or at least mentioned it.

This will not be a tech information website as I strongly feel there is enough support in every single site out there to get your POS running . Making another similar website will be just a waste of time. Also the site will be forum free of course they are plenty of them to please everyone, why add new one.

Now what is this concept or idea I had (and don't try to copy it because you heard it 1st here) . I know this will be impossible to tell, but wouldn't you like to know how many hybrid hondas are rolling around town ? Or how many are in existence ? Who was the 1st documented honda hybrid swap ? I know there is the hybrid board but we do not have any exact idea on how many of them but it will be a good attempt to find out... Sort of like a Hybrid Registry which is exaclty the domain that I purchased recently just to secure it whether it goes thru or not.

This is still in the very beginning stages and if you want to participate with information and ideas feel free to let me know. I am only posting this on Honda Tech just because is the only forum i participate, and also this site has the most mature or I should say *experienced* members.

As aformentioned, this is not a technical site, that's what the hybrid board is for. It will also be a forum free, that's what honda tech is for. Mainly, this is not to advertise but just to get a feel for what the rest of you guys think ?

Thanks for your opinions
Old 07-07-2002, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need your opinion or Ideas ! (POLLO)

History of hybrids wild hybrids ... like top secrets rear engine del sol ..... I like the idea ...... problem i see is i dont like to share the fact that i drive a hybrid with strangers ... but on here its pritty anonomis ...

NS

ps how long am i a trial user ?
Old 07-07-2002, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need your opinion or Ideas ! (JDM_SIR_II)

Well, you are right, again, all that information can be kept confidential... Is just fun facts that sometimes gets overlooked or never talked about or just stuff that we ponder on all the time but never find a near solid answer.....

Im not sure how long you will be a trial user but I know that you can only post 5 times a day and Im glad you used 1 of your precious 5 posts to voice your opinion. Dammit, I gotta stop being such a nice guy.

Old 07-07-2002, 09:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need your opinion or Ideas ! (POLLO)

I think a better idea would be a reference site. one place to go for car weights/dimensions etc. Motor specs etc, tranny specs, chassis codes, and any other honda type reference you can think of.

the hybrid board sux in my opinion. the layout is garbage, the articles aren't very clear and a few articles about the same topic often conflict each other. It is still a good place to get information, but most of it is old and out of date....

I would do it myself, but I do not have the time.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need your opinion or Ideas ! (tonyxcom)

i like tonyx's idea of a website with spec info.

[Modified by ejprimo, 9:17 PM 7/8/2002]

[Modified by ejprimo, 9:18 PM 7/8/2002]