Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need V-AFC settings Help

Old 05-06-2004, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need V-AFC settings Help

Hi, I have a 2000 Honda Civic SI. Im having some fuel problems so I decided to reset my Apexi V-AFC to factory defaults. Now my car is having trouble starting. Looks like its not getting any fuel.

Does anyone know good settings that the V-AFC should be at for the following settings

Fuel Correction Rate (Wide Open Throttle)-LVT and HVT and RPM for both
Fuel Correction Rate (Narrow Throttle)-LVT and HVT and RPM for both

I already set car for 4 cylinder and the initial setup, now I need the other settings. Any help AT ALL would be appreciated in setting this all back up. Here are all the engine upgrades in case you need them

Greddy 18G Turbo, Huge Greddy Front Mount Intercooler, Greddy Type S Blow Off Valve, Greddy EVO Exhaust, Greddy Upper Strut Bar, Greddy Radiator Cap, Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller, Apexi V-AFC VTEC Controller, Apexi Turbo Timer, AEM Tru Time Adjustable Cam Gears, AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator, AEM Underdrive Pulley Kit, AEM High Flow Fuel Rail, Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch, Clutch Masters Aluminum Flywheel, Crower Pro-Billet Steel Rods, JE Forged Racing Pistons, Rage Cylinder Brace, XC Total Seal Rings, Darton Sleeves, Polished Crank, 3 Angle Valve Job, Balanced Rotating Assembley, Vortech FMU, Venom Superflow Intank Fuel Pump, Inline Fuel Pump, Vitek 8mm Plug Wires, NGK Laser Platinum Spark Plugs, Type R Valve Cover, DC Sports Short Shifter, DC Sports Plug Wire Cover, DC Sports Oil Cap, Auto Meter Fuel Pressure Gauge, and Polished Intercooler and Intake Piping.

tanks for the help guys, I know I fucked up, im a jackass. I gotta look for someone to tune it.

Modified by beckercivicsi at 5:08 AM 5/7/2004
Old 05-06-2004, 03:27 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need V-AFC settings Help (beckercivicsi)

why did you set you v-afc to stock with those upgrades your motor is defently not stock and if you run it at stock settings it will blow up (so don't even attempt to start or drive the car at those settings). I don't know why it didn't start though, check your fuel pressure.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Need V-AFC settings Help (ABK)

Dude you fucked up by setting it back to stock, especially if it was tuned already. I dont really know what to say but take it to a dyno. Maybe this site could help you for the ride there. But get it tuned ASAP

http://www.thedropshop.tv/vafc.htm
Old 05-06-2004, 04:47 PM

Having like a fully built car and you mess wiht the vafc and now you don't now wat to do with it. I don't know what to say to you man. Pay the money to get your car tuned.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:20 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need V-AFC settings Help (l0utkastl)

Yep don't attempt to drive the car to the shop, get it towwed or something.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:28 PM

seriously..if your car is running very lean...your motor is gonna be screwed. Try to get it towed, or if you have a friend thats good with the VAFC, have him come over and tune it properly..just be careful
Old 05-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahahahahahaha my god this is why people should LEARN about how to tune an engine before they get a VAFC and do huge modifications like that.

STOP BOOSTING. take it back to the place you tuned it. you fucked it up and will blow your engine if you do not have it retuned.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beckercivicsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DC Sports Oil Cap</TD></TR></TABLE>

uh oh! better tune it to run lean with that!