Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need URGENT help with exedy lightweight flywheel and clutch kit from gripforce!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need URGENT help with exedy lightweight flywheel and clutch kit from gripforce!

I went ahead and ordered the 9.x lb flywheel and OEM replacement clutch kit as a set from GRIPFORCE, because many from these boards have used it and been happy.

Well, everything looked great but when i went to install it, the pilot bearing that was on the clutch alignment tool in the kit is about 1-2 millimeters too big to fit in the middle of the new lightweight flywheel! The flywheel bolts up perfectly, and the bearing that came with the kit is exactly the same dimension as the OEM bearing, but the new lightweight flywheel is not compatible. I have a b16a2, the one i ordered was for a 99-00 Si, but why would they give me an OEM bearing if the flywheel wont accomodate it?

I need to know if anyone has had this same problem, and what part they used to fix it. I work at autozone, and i went through every box of bearings today at work looking for one that would fit, but no luck.

Is there another bearing i can use, or will i have to contact exedy to find one?

Despite everything good ive heard, to gripforce for sending me the wrong bearing...
Old 04-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need URGENT help with exedy lightweight flywheel and clutch kit from gripforce! (jadugartir)

i have no clue maybe because the it's a gen 2 b16 and the 99-00 is a gen 3. but that is a guess since i do not really own a b-series.. Oh wait I have a bunk *** ls i have to build hehhee./ But he let me kjow how that clutch is if you get it up and running. I am thinking of getting a gripforce. they claim to use a act pressure plate.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need URGENT help with exedy lightweight flywheel and clutch kit from gripforce! (dem0nk1d)

Okay i got it resolved, disregard this post

Its got 5 miles on it, ill let you know how it grips once i get through the break in.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Need URGENT help with exedy lightweight flywheel and clutch kit from gripforce! (jadugartir)

HAHAHA, I FREAKED out when I searched for and saw this post because I actually have the same thing from gripforce sitting on the floor next to me. I tried to put the bearing in and it didn't fit, just like you sai! OH NO! WTF?!?!?! How did he get it working?!

oh....the back side....lol

to me