Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need thoughts on buying a 93 civic...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need thoughts on buying a 93 civic...

About a month ago I got into a accident with my Integra and their insurance company said they cant fix it or anything because I have a completely different story then the guy that hit me. Also I didn't have any witnesses or anything so right now I dont have money to fix it and the car is sitting in my front yard. I just came across a 93 civic that I really like and I told the person I was really interested but I dont have money to pay for it right now. He told me that if I make a deposit of 500-1000 then he can wait until I make the rest of the payment to hand over the car. I went and looked at it on Monday and I said I like it and everything seems to be fine. And I told him I'll give you a call Wednesday so I can meet you up and make a deposit.

His email: "I was thinking more about what to do with the car and wanted to make sure we have the same plan. Here's what I'm thinking:

On Wednesday, we'll meet and you'll give me a deposit on the car, and we'll sign an agreement (in front of a notary public) that would say you agree to pay the remainder of the amount on the car, within some period of time (1 month?), or you forfeit the deposit. Then, if you want, I could park the car in my backyard (it's fenced and locked) and keep it there until you pay the rest of the $4000, and then I'd sign the title over to you, and the car would be yours. As far as a deposit I was thinking $500-1000, whatever you can get together now. With signing the agreement in front of the notary, you wouldn't have to worry about losing your money, since it would be a legal contract with witnesses and all that. Sound cool?

Thanks"

And heres what I emailed to him: "Just to make sure I felt safe about it, I have just talked to one of my very close friend and he said that if I pay the deposit amount I should be able to get the car but you can still hold on to title until I pay the rest of the amount. I told him your plan about me giving you the deposit and you lock the car in your backyard and he said if I trust you about giving you the money and locking up the car, can you trust me on taking your car after the deposit and giving me the title when I make the rest of the payment later on? He said, "What if you change your mind about buying the car, you are going to lose all the deposit money". Well I say that I'm more then likely NOT going to change my mind about it and I think his plan is really idea. What do you think?"

Well I dont really know if his way is REALLY is a safe way to buy the car. I dont want to lose any money or anything. What do you guys think? Thanks

"
Old 03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Need thoughts on buying a 93 civic... (Vtec5o3)

after deposit, he suppose to hand u the car and he keeps title until its fully paid..
make sure u get a receipt for everypayment so u won't get [freak]ed over
Old 03-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need thoughts on buying a 93 civic... (Sic_DA_Nine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sic_DA_Nine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">after deposit, he suppose to hand u the car and he keeps title until its fully paid..
make sure u get a receipt for everypayment so u won't get [freak]ed over</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2. dont wanna gets crewed..

how much are you paying forthis car? 5,000? it must be built for taht price
Old 03-04-2008, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Need thoughts on buying a 93 civic... (PhrequenC)

Paying 4000 in total and was planing to do 500 for deposit
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need thoughts on buying a 93 civic... (PhrequenC)

i personally would never give anyone the keys to a car until i had every penny of cash in my hand. If the guy wants to take it to a notary public and have it witnessed and an agreement written up with proof of your deposit then yur good. jus make sure that you put somewhere in the agreement that if he backs out you get your deposit back. and keep your copy of the agreement so if anything goes hay-wire you can take it to court.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I wouldn't give you the car until I had all the money, thats just me though. I wouldn't expect someone to give me the car if I hadn't payed for the whole thing. Also you can't insure it or register it without the title, so it would be pointless for you to have the car

gl my .02
Old 03-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need thoughts on buying a 93 civic... (Vtec5o3)

wow vtec503 so you are going to hit someones car and lie about that? You will get yours..
Old 03-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need thoughts on buying a 93 civic... (mugen666)

dude you hit my friends cousin car off 82nd when you pulled into the parking lot going sideways with ur slammed car. Just watch you will get yours sooner or later.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need thoughts on buying a 93 civic... (mugen666)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

where did he say that? you sir are a [freak]in cockbag </TD></TR></TABLE>

read his post, dumb SH*T. Of course he wont get any insurance money if the story dont match up. Cause he lied to them and said he got hit. Now my friends cousin dont get money to fix his car cause this dirt bag right here. Dont say **** if you dont know anything alright trial user!