Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need suggestions for a camber correction kit!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need suggestions for a camber correction kit!

I have a 93 civic coupe ex, with ground controls, kyb agx's, and the stock wheels--with the ground controls at pretty much the highest setting (i think a half-inch drop).

is there any specific camber correction kit that anyone recommends i use with my set-up? i also plan to raise and lower the car with the ground controls when going to take this car do a driving event...does anyone know how to correct it if let's say i lowered it 2 inches? thanks.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:28 AM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Need suggestions for a camber correction kit! (Kamikaze-Kart)

don;t mess with raising/lowering the car. You'll need and alignment EACH time.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:14 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need suggestions for a camber correction kit! (Mista Bone)

It really depends on how much money you want to spend, and why kind of camber kit you want. Pivot Mount Type-New billet steel Pivot Mount type kits relocate the upper control arms further outboard. This moves the top of the tire out for additional positive camber.
Ball Joint Type-New Adjustable upper ball joints feature offset mounting studs. Simply rotating the ball joint allows for infinite fine adjustments to both caster and camber. Excellent choice for dual purpose Autocrossers. Uses your control arms.
Offset Bushing Type-Offset Bushing kits include polyurethane bushings along with the offset steel inserts. These replace the soft OE rubber bushings in your control arms. Rotating the steel inserts moves the control arm, allowing for camber adjustment. Rear shim kit is also shown in this image.
Cam Bolt Type-Offset cam bolts replace the original lower strut mounting hardware. Rotating the eccentric cam bolts changes the camber settings.
Camber Plate Type-Front camber plates relocate the strut tops for additional positive camber. Four tapered steel shims adjust the rear alignment settings.

EDIT-I've always like the skunk2 camber kit...The Skunk2 Racing Front Camber Kit is composed of a newly designed front upper control arm with a quick adjusting sliding ball joint.