Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need some URGENT help concerning the b16 a2 swap i just did!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some URGENT help concerning the b16 a2 swap i just did!!!!

I just did a b16 a2 swap in my 99 civic coupe and i am leaking something in the front left section of the car sort of infront of the oil pan. At the begining, it was power steering that was coming out and that was fixed. But, i am still leaking something that looks like oil. I don't think its oil even tough it looks like my oil pan is wet because i have been checking it for the past 3 days and its been at the same level and I know its not tranny fluid because i checked my axel seal on the left hand side and the fluid isn't red.

This may sound stupid but does anyone think im leaking freeon from the AC because my hose was cut and the AC was not hooked up due to the fact that my old d16y8 had a different set up then the new b16. Anyways, do you think its the AC that is leaking out the old fluids.

Finally, after you do a swap from a japanese import place, is normal if a bit of black and blue smoke come out of my exhaust when i rev it. I hope im not burning oil.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2007, 04:57 AM

Default Re: need some URGENT help concerning the b16 a2 swap i just did!!!! (ek_James)

To clarify, i mean a little smoke. The guy at the garage said it was normal at the begining, but im worried because i already did about 300 km's on the new motor and there is still a little bit a smoke coming out.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:52 AM

Default Re: need some URGENT help concerning the b16 a2 swap i just did!!!! (ek_James)

Check that you're not leaking tranny fluid. That's really the only thing i can think of that'll look/smell like engine oil.. besides engine oil.

As for the smoke... it sounds like it could possibly be worn piston rings. Have you done a compression test?