Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need some input on SR*S Catback (ebay exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Nickboxer7)

Rip off of the RS*R name?
Old 05-07-2008, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (.mattyz_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nickboxer7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is not too long on my hatch. It fits very well. It also doesn't look too big from the back.

To the rattle, leave it in gear, put the ebrake on, and go back and look. My pipe shakes like a **** after it gets hot or for some odd reason. All hangers are tight but it moves so much that it hits the rear bumper, even though when its off I can't hardly budge it. My exhaust has always done that though.

As to being too loud, YOU DON"T HAVE A CAT OR THE SILENCER IN!!! This is to the guy two posts above or whatever. How can you say it is too loud when you took out a key part in making it quiet and are running larger pipe with a straight through muffler? Any catback kit with no silencer and no cat will be HELLA loud.

I've had it on for like 3 weeks or so now, and it still looks good. No rust yet and I drive in rain a lot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You've obviously never heard the sound of a real catback exhaust before. I understand what your saying about having no catalytic converter but I know alot guys with testpipes on their brand name catbacks and they don't sound as loud as this. As for the silencer, I'm not about to screw a rediculous piece of adjustable metal in the end of my exhaust and make it look funnier anymore then it already does.. thats just my opinion.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .mattyz_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rip off of the RS*R name? </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I thought at first, but then I found out theres actualy a quality line of exhausts with the same name (SRS, without the star thingy *). They can be found on here: http://12tune.com/
Old 05-08-2008, 09:54 AM

Default Re: (mizzoEG)

I have heard a true catback, and they are loud with a test pipe. Also, they usually don't have a completely straight through muffler, like this one does. Like i said, a straight through muffler with no cat will need a silencer and will still be loud.

With my cat my system is no louder than any of the nicer catbacks. It's just a little bit loud for me so I use the silencer which doesn't look goofy and keeps it actually quiter than just a fart can muffler with stock pipe
Old 05-22-2008, 05:16 AM

Default Re: (Nickboxer7)

Well I've been running with the exhaust for about 2-3weeks now. I've gotten used to it, its pretty nice and everyone looks at me now lol. Sorry, haven't got photos yet, will post asap.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mizzoEG)

Ordere mine last sunday from Nissangtrpower for $203 shipped (he has a "or best offer" now so offer him low see if he accepts!) he shipped it on monday, got it friday and installed it saturday and well....i ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It sounds really really good, not raspy or ricey at all. Real low deep tone, like a subaru no joke. Its actually pretty quiet, and when u get on it its a little loud but sounds [freak]ing awesome! I can actually hear my vtec crossover now and my PasswordJDM: Power chamber intake sucking in air like mad. All my friends so far said it sounds amazing. It fits great on my car, looks good. The muffler is huge, 4.5" tip but doesnt look bad. Also the welds and bends on the exhaust are very good, good quality. Overall all sound/quality/price i give it a 10 out of 10

Im running STOCK cat, Ceramic 4-2-1 header, and the S*RS Cat-back exhaust system for anyone who is wondering.

Here's some pics and a really shitty vid i took with my cellphone(u can hear wind =[ )

Old 06-21-2008, 06:18 AM

Default Re: (VtecCivic93)

Here's a shot with my exhaust (finally), my ride needs a wash.

what you guys think?
Old 06-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is that the same SrS exhaust from nissangtrpower? It doesnt looked angle out/up like mine, it looks straight out.

Still not bad looking though.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:48 AM

Default Re: (VtecCivic93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecCivic93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is that the same SrS exhaust from nissangtrpower? It doesnt looked angle out/up like mine, it looks straight out.

Still not bad looking though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, and yeah it is the SR*S exhaust from nissangtrpower. It's not angled out. I think the angle out design was only made for the sedans, not so sure about the coupes.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

mines angle out/up and ive got a coupe :D
Old 07-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some input on SR*S Catback (ebay exhaust)

Originally Posted by mizzoEG
hey guys, i know theres gonna be some negative input on this thread because it an ebay exhuast but i just need to know. on ebay theres this guy named nissangtrpower thats sells these SR*S Exhausts for cheap (i believe $200-$300 shipped) and i've read on many forums good things about the exhaust and i wanna know honda-techs opinion. i've seen videos of it on a WRX on youtube and it sounds pretty sick.

has anyone ever got this exhaust for their honda and if so, do you got any pictures or soundclips of it? thanks

I used this exhaust on my LS hatch. Sounded amazing. Very deep and smooth. No raspy noises torwards higher RPM. Another friend of mine also put this exhaust on his four door, even with it being a single cam it still sounded just as good.