Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need some input on SR*S Catback (ebay exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some input on SR*S Catback (ebay exhaust)

hey guys, i know theres gonna be some negative input on this thread because it an ebay exhuast but i just need to know. on ebay theres this guy named nissangtrpower thats sells these SR*S Exhausts for cheap (i believe $200-$300 shipped) and i've read on many forums good things about the exhaust and i wanna know honda-techs opinion. i've seen videos of it on a WRX on youtube and it sounds pretty sick.

has anyone ever got this exhaust for their honda and if so, do you got any pictures or soundclips of it? thanks

Old 04-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some input on SR*S Catback (mizzoEG)

i didnt buy the exhaust but i have bought from that guy and he is a great seller.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:10 PM

well you get what you pay for and it wont sound the same on your honda as a WRX thats a givin. all i have heard about ebay exhaust is that they rust fast and really fast rust on the welds, and its not really stainless steel its crappy stainless steel with a crome coating on it. I dont want to bag to much on ya cuz your going for an acual exhaust system instead of a weld on fart can.

Yes i did buy my exhuast off of ebay but there is a differance between buying SPOON off Ebay and buying EBAY off EBAY. just remember that.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Me and my brother both bought new exhausts for our cars... Mine was a tanado and the cost with shipping was like 520 530 areound there, My brother's an ebay exhaust it think is was greddy(fake)for 250. His exhaust didn't fit to good, middle was hanging to low, after 2 months it started to rust.. And after I say 2 or 3 years it rusted a hole at the mid pipe.....Ebay =

Save your money and buy a new one form a good company or buy a used one here on honda-tech..... Some guys here have really good prices and really good used exhaust.......

Modified by chero112 at 10:26 PM 4/1/2008
Old 04-01-2008, 06:16 PM
* B A N N E D *

OH HELL YEH. NISSANGTRPOWER my favorite seller. I bought my catback from him and alls I got to say is SUPER fast shipping. He sells the same one I have now for $150 but I bought mine for $200 bout a year ago. Its nice stuff, it fits good and the pipe comes out at an angle & up. The sound was awesome when i first put on but eventually the packing will burn out, STILLLL it doesn't sound bad. Oh yeh when the packing burns out in the resy the inside holy pipe rattles, and I had to fandangle mine outta there, its not welded inside, just the packing holds it tight. But my friend had the same problem on his $550 GREDDY catback.??? you do the math. F*cK I"m thinking of buying a new exhaust instead of cleaning mine. hahahaa. hope this helps you. oh and bump the wheels in my sig please or buy em. I'm also thinking of OBX eBay ext studs if you've had any luck with them? and Muteki lugs.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say go to youtube and type in "ebay exhaust honda" or something, becuase i think all ebay (not apexi off ebay, but real ebay) exhausts if the same styles will sound the same. Just find a ebay one that looks like yours and that should be close enough. The reason the wrx sounds sick is because its flat-4 boxter layout. If you want to sound like a wrx mix your firing order up, lol.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

\wait for a quality used exhaust system to come up. If you dont want to drop like 500-600 bucks on a new one thats your best bet. I got a used greddy evo for my 96 ex with swap and even tho it was 3 years old it didnt have a single spec of rust and it sounds great. I have had it on for 2 years now and its still working great.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some input on SR*S Catback (chero112)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chero112 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Me and my brother both bought new exhausts for our cars... Mine was a tanado and the cost with shipping was like 520 530 areound there, My brother an ebay exhaust it think is was greddy(fake)for 250. His exhaust didn't fit to good, middle was hanging to low, after 2 months it started to rust.. And after I say 2 or 3 years it rusted a hole at the mid pipe.....Ebay =

Save your money and buy a new one form a good company or buy a used one here on honda-tech..... Some guys here have really good prices and really good used exhaust.......

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh and funny thing is my genuine greddy hangs down a little bit in the middle too. I could prob fix it by rewelding the mid flange but I will wait till I rework the whole system with larger piping for race only setup.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some input on SR*S Catback (JeffBro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by z6hatchboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> If you want to sound like a wrx mix your firing order up, lol. </TD></TR></TABLE>
that one made me laugh. There are videos on you tube from cars with the "SRS' exhaust. i have seen them before.

Modified by 95sloweg at 10:33 PM 4/1/2008
Old 04-05-2008, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Need some input on SR*S Catback (95sloweg)

Definitely get what you pay for. I have one NIB sitting at home after getting it replaced because of rust. If you want it, its yours for $200 shipped. I have the test pipe for either an ex or a dx. It was loud as hell with test pipe and didnt really sound to good, but was pretty deep and fairly quiet with the stock cat.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:16 PM

i had that exact same exhaust on my car, its a pretty good exhaust but i didn't get what i wanted out of it. and it doesn't have a ricey sound, actual deep tone.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:02 PM

Default Re: (NotAdelslow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NotAdelslow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had that exact same exhaust on my car, its a pretty good exhaust but i didn't get what i wanted out of it. and it doesn't have a ricey sound, actual deep tone.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What car did you have it on? and what happened to it? (any problems, rust, etc.)

also do you got any pics and soundclips with it on the car? thanks man
Old 04-15-2008, 07:38 PM

I've never really found much info on the SR*S ones...

but i've found lots of sound clips, on the Tsudo ones.

The Tsudo Type X, EVO2 knock off is by far the best one that i've heard - on line.

But the applications are limited for the type x to civic coupes and sedans, i think erzperformance has one for the del sol...

-------

The Tsudo N1 isn't bad either, lots of youtube sound clips also...

Depending on who posted it, the N1 sounds alot deeper... but not as clean as the Type X...

lots of civics with the tsudo n1, more scions, but the civics all have d15/16 with or with out vtec...

The civics sound deeper and cleaner than the tc's with their chain driven dohc...

---------

As i found out through just listening to the clips, people who said that they used a cat and no silencer with the tsudo n1, sounded alot better than with a silencer or with a test pipe.

Also the axle back clips sound like ****...

-----

My midas exhaust kinda fell off, being held in place by an empty tin can, and zip ties...its loud now... doesn't sound that great either....

i was limited on cash.. ended up buying a Tsudo N1 with the burned tip, from speedelement - sponsor here on ht, hoping to get it by next week, and install it...

really wanted to get a tsudo type x for the hatch, but didn't want to go through the trouble of getting it cut and extended at a shop...
Old 04-17-2008, 09:31 PM

Default Re: (mizzoEG)

there was nothing wrong with it. minimal rust after a few months. you can tell the pipe was getting beat from the heat of the motor. but it worked fine. my set up was on a d15b had 4-2-1 headers with 2.25 outlet to high flow cat with 2.5 outlet. gained some high end torque...kinda wierd cuz i was trying to get the low to mid range. but i just didnt get the power i wanted. it was holding me back. sorry no sound clips or video. but go on youtube and look up SRS exhaust on civic or something relatively close to that. but i''m being very honest with you it does not have the high pitch ricey sound.
you get what you pay for. oh and by the way when i installed it it hugged the bumper really tight so your bumper might vibrate and melt a lil(not too bad). then again i had a lip kit so idk. good luck
Old 04-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The exhaust seems like an Megan drift spec exhaust.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what about using it for just the mid pipe? and using a good quality axle back?
Old 04-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bigsyke)

Old 04-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had a tsudo n1 catback on my ek before. it sounded just like my apexi gt spec on my dc. well worth the money. haha welds looked cool, piping was decent. my only complaint is the flanges are ugly. only the triangle flange looked normal/coo.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:54 PM

Funny this is here. I ordered a different kit but it's the same thing as that box. Same name too, just a different guy and ebay pics. I will let you know what it sound like if I can get these stupid cat bolts off. See my other thread for progress on that.

It doesn't look like 500 dollar kits, like the bends are super great. It looks pretty good for the 150 shipped though, just hope the welds stay in good shape. I will post pics and sound clips up as soon as I get it on.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Need some input on SR*S Catback (Nickboxer7)

I'll look forward to that nickboxer7,

I bought the SR*S catback exhaust and its sitting for now, along with a hi flow cat. got it for close to nothing, after talking with nissangtrpower about pricing he agreed to sell it to me for $205 shipped. The exhaust seems well, the welds and bends look almost perfect, i was suprised by the quality. Only flaws im not happy with is that i heard the resinator and muffler are packed with fiber-glass that will wear out over time and affect the tone.

I plan on installing the SR*S catback when i finish compiling more parts for my car. i'll post pictures and sound-clip videos of the exhuast for everyone once its on. thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 10:32 PM

all straight through mufflers are packed with fiberglass... its the density of the fiberglass that varies from the cheap ones to the expensive ones...

all straight through mufflers can become burnt out after a while...

also i would check that "high-flow cat" of yours... is it really a cat (Catalytic converter)?

is there a some sort of Catalytic support in side... or is it just a resonator?

pics would be great =D
Old 04-20-2008, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Need some input on SR*S Catback (bpr0422)

Good info on the fiber-glass, never knew it was in all straight-through exhausts..

The "Hi Flow Cat" i've got is a no name brand straight through. I guess you can call it a resonator or test pipe. Got it from a buddy who ended up never using it. I wasen't interested in using anything of higher quality because after all, its still an ebay exhaust.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:13 PM

ebay exhausts normally sound better with the stock cat...

the cat slows down the air, so it changes the sound...

also with that testpipe/resonator, you won't pass emissions.. if you have emission testing...

---------------
yeah most straight trough have a perforated core, surrounded by a layer of steel wool, then packed with fiberglass...

in the accord forum, there is thread of a guy re-packing his tanabe medallion exhaust with some motorbike muffler packing...
Old 04-20-2008, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Need some input on SR*S Catback (bpr0422)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bpr0422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ebay exhausts normally sound better with the stock cat... the cat slows down the air, so it changes the sound... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would use the oem stock cat but it looks older then the car itself, that thing is rust galore. Not to mention, the previous owners welded the catalytic converter to the rest of the exhaust so I would have to cut it and weld on a new flange. Screw that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bpr0422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also with that testpipe/resonator, you won't pass emissions.. if you have emission testing...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't had an emissions test yet, this is my first car, I got it last year mid June but I think that in the state of Illinois only vehicles that are 1996 (OBD2) and up have to get emissions.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:28 AM

Got it on. Pleasantly suprised. A few issues with it and I will talk more tonight to let you know b/c I have to head to work right now.

Quick Reply: Need some input on SR*S Catback (ebay exhaust)