Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Smog Ref Facts....part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 07:22 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Smog Ref Facts....part 2

since alot of idiots took it apon themselves to ruin my last post , i had to make another one......

question..... can i just pay the fine and not go to the ref????

or do i have to go to the ref , ive herd of people just paying a fine and skipping the ref but i want to make sure , i want first had accounts not i herd this or i herd that
Old 01-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Smog Ref Facts....part 2 (Hella_JDM)

what is checked off and what did the officer write on the explanation area of the ticket.. it all depends on what he put and how he files the paperwork<<< hence here is where people get fuked.. you act like an *** to the officer will do all the paperwork.

you will most likely have to wait for the court to send you the bill.. you can also go to the court clerk and if your nice they can tell you what you will be ordered to do.. give them acouple of weeks to process the ticket for the court clerks computer.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:07 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: Need Smog Ref Facts....part 2 (cxSHOE)

ill have to look on the ticket im not sure , what should it say
Old 01-11-2004, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to pay the fine AND get your ride emission corrected.

It's like saying "Can I just pay my vehicle registration fee and not smog my car?" (in CA)
Old 01-11-2004, 10:06 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: (Unit 01)

then why have all these other people gotton away without going to the ref?
Old 01-11-2004, 10:21 PM

Default Re: (Hella_JDM)

Well, I dunno who's telling you what, but I live in the heart of LA and this smog shizzo is no "hide under the carpet" business. If you got fined for emission incompliancy, they will have your car recorded in the state database and if you don't get it fix, you can eventually expect some certified mails from the BAR

If you get pulled over for a fix-it violation, say tinted front windows. You will have to pay a hefty fine AND remove the tint. If you just pay the fine, and don't remove the tint, what do you think will happen? Same applies to emission, only at a more extreme level. Do you possibly think that CA, home to the most strict smog regulations, will let you get away with it?
Old 01-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm sorry Mark, I think you have to go to REF !

If you have the sticker behind your ticket then I am pretty sure it is mandatory !

Old 01-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Unit 01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, I dunno who's telling you what, but I live in the heart of LA and this smog shizzo is no "hide under the carpet" business. If you got fined for emission incompliancy, they will have your car recorded in the state database and if you don't get it fix, you can eventually expect some certified mails from the BAR

If you get pulled over for a fix-it violation, say tinted front windows. You will have to pay a hefty fine AND remove the tint. If you just pay the fine, and don't remove the tint, what do you think will happen? Same applies to emission, only at a more extreme level. Do you possibly think that CA, home to the most strict smog regulations, will let you get away with it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got a ticket for "modified exhaust" and I just paid the fine instead of getting it fixed. That was about year and a half ago and nothing came in the mail for me to get it checked up. Also I also got the "State Ref" ticket and I waited until the courtesy letter came. It said "Bail amount $363." Then I took my ticket and the letter to the clerks and she looked up my ticket on her computer, and said I could just pay the fine and it would be cleared. I doubled checked with a different clerk and got the same result. So I just paid the fine. Several months later (around 5 months), I got my registeration. This happened to couple of my friends and they just paid the fine as well. The clerks also gave them the same answer as me. i hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:13 AM
OG triple OG

Default Re: (Starbucks_EM1b18cR)

thanks , ill give it a shot
Old 01-12-2004, 01:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Hella_JDM)

cop said i would just follow instructions on the bill/notice sent by mail. the mailed instructions said nothing about referee or smog, nor any number to call. i just paid fine and crossing my fingers.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:13 AM
OG triple OG

Default Re: (MaxSterling)

how long ago was this
Old 05-20-2004, 03:13 PM

DUDE... you are sooooo wrong...... You can just pay for the ticket. I was scared for like 2 years. I paid for the ticket and called teh DMV, CHP and Police Department. They had nothing on me or my car. They said it was absolutely fine. You have a choice to pay for the fine or fix it and pay the smaller court fees. Now if i get pulled over again, i have to do the process all over again. They figure every 2 years you have to smog, the technician should catch you if you didn't fix your problems.