Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need to replace fuel tank straps, need help identifying what size bolt needed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 09:14 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Need to replace fuel tank straps, need help identifying what size bolt needed.

\Hi, I own a 98 Civic DX sedan and after pulling out of the parking lot I hear a ton of metal scraping. I look under my car and see one of my fuel tank straps is snapped and missing the bolt towards the front end of the car. My main questions are as follows. Will I have to drop the tank to replace these straps if I do it one at a time? What size bolt holds it up towards the front of the car? Sorry if any of my terminology is making any sense, I'm new to online forums when it comes to cars.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:48 AM
Corvette Forum Member

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Re: Need to replace fuel tank straps, need help identifying what size bolt needed.

These guys? They're M10 x 35 long. I'm pretty sure they are M10 x 1.25 thread, which is a very common size and pitch for Honda hardware. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.....

To replace the straps, just place a floor jack under the gas tank with a wide board in between to prevent damage to the tank. Remove the bolts and straps, and replace with new. It'll be easier and safer if you do this job with as little fuel in the tank as possible.

And here's the part number, in case you're **** about OEM hardware.