Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need quick help assambling Ground control. PICTURES INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need quick help assambling Ground control. PICTURES INSIDE

Guys I am installing ground control and KYB shocks on my 2000 civic EX. I need help assambling togater.

I don;t know where all parts goes next to the spring on picture.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:31 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need quick help assambling Ground control. PICTURES INSIDE (Jaydeep)

OK,

Stand the strut up. Keep the bumpstop where it is. Now slide the silver washer that has a little protrusion in the middle (the one right next to the strut rod) Then slide on the dust cover (black thing with a hole in the middle) then slide on the black washer. Now put on the spring and then put on the BIG washer thing (on the right hand side of pic, then put on the perch top. I think that's it. I'm not sure where that small washer (all the way to left in pic) goes.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need quick help assambling Ground control. PICTURES INSIDE (Jaydeep)

rubber flat thingy goes atop the spring (to dampen noise)...

washers go on top of the tophat when completely assembled...

lastly, is that a rubber insert...? should go inbetween shock and coilover sleeve
Old 07-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That long black rubber tube thing should go around the shock body and the coilover sleeve should go around it if possible. It's not really that necessary.

That silver washer by the spring and shock shaft should go next over the bumpstop which is already on. Make sure the totally flat side of the silver washer faces upward.

Next comes the black washer that is on the top left near the bronze washer.

Then put the spring on.

Then take the top hat on the far left of the picture and remove the rubber bushing that is inside the bottom of it. Then take the new urathane bushing which is the piece in the middle of the pic by the black tube and put it in the top hat where you removed the oem rubber one.

Now put the top hat on and on top of that put the bronze washer at the top left over it and secure the items on with the nut that goes there. For 2000 civic kyb agx fronts you use two nuts per shock that are included with the package. For the 2000 civic rears you only use one i believe.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need quick help assambling Ground control. PICTURES INSIDE (wadup)

ditch that black washer you dont need it anymore

the silver washer goes on the bottom of the upper mount, put the tapered side DOWN.

the goldish washer goes on the top of the upper mount, put the cupped side UP.

the black rubber piece... i am assuming that is a stock piece, a seperate urethane hat should have been provided with the kit... put the hat provided with the kit between the spring and the top hat.

i am assuming you used the O rings provided with the kit to get the tube snug on the shock, if that is the case you dont need that urethane sleeve.