Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Quick A/C Removal Answer: How control heater if A/C controls are removed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Quick A/C Removal Answer: How control heater if A/C controls are removed?

So I'm about to go gut out my AC System. I have everything I need. My question is I want to remove everything including my A/C controls. If I dont remove my heater how will I control it without the A/C Controls?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need a Quick A/C Removal Answer

The clean way to do it would be to find a base model car that was sold without A/C and swap over the components from it. Just have to try and find one in a junk yard somewhere.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need a Quick A/C Removal Answer

Originally Posted by Marauder
The clean way to do it would be to find a base model car that was sold without A/C and swap over the components from it. Just have to try and find one in a junk yard somewhere.
Did they come with heaters? And if so, how do they control them?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Quick A/C Removal Answer: How control heater if A/C controls are removed?

what year are we talking about. 92-95 were dealer installed and were pre wired for ac. So all you need to do is pop out the ac button cover and snap on the block off plate. Remove all the hard lines and drop the condenser box out and swap it with the duct from a non ac unit it not very hard
Old 09-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Quick A/C Removal Answer: How control heater if A/C controls are removed?

Originally Posted by instructor74
what year are we talking about. 92-95 were dealer installed and were pre wired for ac. So all you need to do is pop out the ac button cover and snap on the block off plate. Remove all the hard lines and drop the condenser box out and swap it with the duct from a non ac unit it not very hard
I got that. Thats not my question. If I keep the heater, how will I control it without the A/C controls?

And yes we are talking about 92-95
Old 09-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

So you are wanting to completely remove the entire control panel for the HVAC system? As in you'd have like some custom block off plate there with no temp slider, vent mode controls, etc? I think that's a terrible idea, but if you wanted to do it for show then you could always lengthen the wiring to the panel and mount it in your glove box.

Otherwise you can manually manipulate the heater control valve at the firewall with a pair of pliers, and hook your blower motor up to an on/off switch and just have one speed.

If you want it to look like OEM that didn't come with air it looks like this:

Old 09-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The previous owner removed the A/C with an engine swap, but didn't remove any of interior HVAC pieces. I am slowly getting the car ready for track racing, but for the time being it is a daily. Not having A/C is alright, but this winter is going to be a cold one. Just an idea. If not I'll just remove the heater core as well and dress in layers. As far as the HVAC Controls I am going to put a plate with a three gauge pod.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

3 Hours Later and I have everything out except for the heater core.