Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEED PISTON HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED PISTON HELP!!!!!!

hey i need some help with getting the right pistons for this build. Its a D15B7 block bored 2x over, has a D16z6 head on it. there have been one surface job to the block and 2 to the head. Now with pistons for the D15B7 oversized for the 2x bore job it seems that the valves were barely hitting the tops of the Pistons plus the fact that the ringlands on number 1 blew out in like a 2 inch strip. Im assuming that compression was too high and/or there was an issue with possibly detination to cause the ringlands to go out on the number 1. Im trying to find a piston that will work best since one thing i did notice from the marks on top of the pistons was the valve marks were outside the dish on the tops of the pistons. because of the milling that has been done to it im going to go with a MLS headgasket by Mr.Gasket http://go.mrgasket.com/newprod...G.pdf
its the very last one at the bottom of the page. since it allows my to adjust the thickness up to 1.75mm over the stock HG which is 0.80 compressed. But i need some input as to which piston to look into for it. Some other info on the engine is as follows:
D15B7 block bored out 2x with stock Crankshaft
D16z6 head with stock cam
DCSport 4-2-1 header
Larger JDM IM with 62mm TB and intake
it was orginally a stock 95 DX 2dr couple with the D15B7 1.5l SOHC set up
i have the P28 ECU for the Vtec set up as well

If anyone can help with which piston (make and model #) would help greatly or if i can use a stock piston from different series engine (with of course getting one that is sized for the 2x's over bore) I would greatly appreciate any and all input and/or questions you need answered to be able to assist me with this issue.

oh also

i have this link http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/D.htm which could maybe help someone with helping me to figure out which piston to go with. This link to a block/head etc set up build might like i said be of use to those who have the knowledge.

Hope it helps, Please hope someone is able to help me with this ASAP

Thanx