Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need INFO on swapping a 97 USDM ITR into my 00 Civic DX Hatch...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need INFO on swapping a 97 USDM ITR into my 00 Civic DX Hatch...

First I would like to thank those of you have taken the time to check out my thread. I have recently had some time to tackle my ITR swap and have everything accounted for except wiring up the left wiring harness, which contains the wires for the rear half of the car. The front half of the car functions fine...heck the motor will even turn over...but without the drivers side harness I have no fuel pump...etc. so it won't run.
I am basically asking for some wiring info for what is usually done to make the two harnesses into one. Any diagrams, pinouts, or pictures are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks...
Old 11-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need INFO on swapping a 97 USDM ITR into my 00 Civic DX Hatch... (infulleffect)

The two harnesses into one?

You should have just bolted the ITR in (using appropriate mounts), used your stock harness to plug in whatever connectors could be plugged in. Then extend whatever connectors needed to be extended and chang/add whatever connectors needed to be change/added (like the IACV if you had a 3-wire originally).

I believe the ITR ECU uses A16 for fuel pump control, so you would have to move a wire at the ECU plug along with the needed wire mods for the IACV, etc.

Check the link in my sig for further info.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need INFO on swapping a 97 USDM ITR into my 00 Civic DX Hatch... (EE_Chris)

Ok here is where I am...Motor is in and the harness is in...everything including the ECU came from a wrecked 97 USDM ITR. I have bolted up what I can...my situ lies with the drivers side harness...the one the operates the rear tail lights and fuel pump...I was hoping that would plug in but it doesn't. I was thinking of just putting in an integra side/rear harness....but it might be easier / quicker to try and swap out the connectors so they plug in.
Thank you for the info...you pinouts and connector info is greatly appreciated...if I may ask...where did you get your Helms??? Have you tried the CD versions on Ebay or are those things a total waste?

Thank you
Old 11-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need INFO on swapping a 97 USDM ITR into my 00 Civic DX Hatch... (infulleffect)

A Helms is a Helms. Whether it was scanned onto someones harddrive and burned to a CD and sold on eBay or bought outright from the link in my sig....the info is the same. I bought mine from the link in my sig.

As for your harness issue - no clue. Why did you ever bother to get rid of the stock Civic harness? You should have used that. Is it possible that you use the stock harness and go from there?

The 97 ITR ECU won't plug directly into the Civic engine harness though. You need an OBD2b-OBD2a conversion harness.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need INFO on swapping a 97 USDM ITR into my 00 Civic DX Hatch... (EE_Chris)

I am putting the whole Integra Dash etc. into the car as well....that is why I used the Integra harness...I will look into the OBD2b-OBD2a harness...many thanks.