Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need info on civic swaps

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need info on civic swaps

hello, i have a 96 civic ex with the d16y8. well last night i was out driving and all the sudden my engine started knocking. i pulled over and checked my oil and it was a little low, put some in and the knock got quieter but still knocks? not sure whats going on, sounds like its coming from the head. anyways im thinking of just doing a swap on it instead of messing the the stock motor. what are some good swaps to do? any info will be appreciated. also if anyone happens to know what might be wrong with my motor please let me know....thanks alot

chris
Old 01-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need info on civic swaps (helpmycivic)

look at the top of the forum...info on all swaps are there..its sticky to the top...

oh, and you do know that if you were driving and the motor was hot, and if you pull over and check for oil without letting it cool down a bit (let the oil settle down to the oil pan), the dip stick isnt gonna read right.....need to let the oil settle first...
Old 01-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need info on civic swaps (B18CivicEg)

i did let the oil settle first, was a little low. anyways i saw that post at the top but it didnt really answer my ?'s, im looking for info about wich is the best swap, and id like to know what kind of price range to expect for different swaps. need to get my car going again as soon as possible, its my only car so i gotta ride my motorcycle till its fixed and the weather aint to great...lol...also my car still runs and drives ok but i dont really want to drive it with it knocking. will it hurt it if i do??

chris
Old 01-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need info on civic swaps (helpmycivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by helpmycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i did let the oil settle first, was a little low. anyways i saw that post at the top but it didnt really answer my ?'s, im looking for info about wich is the best swap, and id like to know what kind of price range to expect for different swaps. need to get my car going again as soon as possible, its my only car so i gotta ride my motorcycle till its fixed and the weather aint to great...lol...also my car still runs and drives ok but i dont really want to drive it with it knocking. will it hurt it if i do??

chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually that link is very helpful....now, when it comes to prices, it really depends on how much you gonna spend and if you can come across good deals....you gots to look around man....you can always find motors online like at http://www.jhpusa.com but if you know where to look, im sure you can find better deals....

Old 01-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need info on civic swaps (B18CivicEg)

ill check out that website. id really like to find on i can buy from a private party to save on $$. if anyone out there has a motor they want to sell let me know.....also some info on what could be wrong with my car will be helpful, if i can fix it CHEAP then i will do that till i can get a swap but either way i need to get my car runnin SOON....ridin a motorcycle in the rain sucks...lol