Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help..suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help..suspension setup

whats up everybody..i want to get new suspension, but i want front and rear camber, not to much but enough to notice, how do i go about doing this..i want quality parts also but still on a budget..any suggestions..please leave parts info (prices, where to get it) Your help would be greatly appreciated.
btw my car is a 94 civic hatch...I want it to look similar to southern calis red spunky eg from phaze2, if u know what im talkin bout it was at the eibach 09 meet
Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help..suspension setup

anybody???
Old 09-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol you want suspension for the wrong reasons. Negative camber will increase with lower ride height. Many people here like Koni/Ground control. Search for it. If youre looking to slam the car and have tons for camber and stretched tires etc. Good luck with that. I think most on here are more interested in usable daily setup in which case a height reduction of 1"-2" is a good range along with stiffer springs and performance shocks. Camber kits are not necessary unless you want to have excessive camber or none.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by alphalanos
lol you want suspension for the wrong reasons. Negative camber will increase with lower ride height. Many people here like Koni/Ground control. Search for it. If youre looking to slam the car and have tons for camber and stretched tires etc. Good luck with that. I think most on here are more interested in usable daily setup in which case a height reduction of 1"-2" is a good range along with stiffer springs and performance shocks. Camber kits are not necessary unless you want to have excessive camber or none.
My car is lowerd but my wheels are still pretty straight especially the rear..i didnt want it to be to dramatic but just more noticable, i like the look...thanks for ur help
Old 09-05-2009, 05:09 AM

you want to have your rear wheels negative cambared?? for circuit purposes go!! for the looks dont, save your tires
Old 09-05-2009, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Then get an alignment. Some chain stores wont do custom alignments. You might need to find a performance shop to do it. For the rear -1 to -1.5 degrees camber is ok and front -1 to -2.5 or so. Toe at 0 for the street. Excessive camber will just hurt straight line driving causing the car to be jittery and might pull on uneven surfaces. You should worry about tires more than anything else. Theres no replacement for good summer tires.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hahahhahahahaa you want to sacrifice tire wear and a shitty ride quality so you can look cool?? lol ok this is how you do it. drive fast rip up on ur hand brake and slide sideways into a cub. that should do it. if not then repeat. haha
Old 09-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by alphalanos
Then get an alignment. Some chain stores wont do custom alignments. You might need to find a performance shop to do it. For the rear -1 to -1.5 degrees camber is ok and front -1 to -2.5 or so. Toe at 0 for the street. Excessive camber will just hurt straight line driving causing the car to be jittery and might pull on uneven surfaces. You should worry about tires more than anything else. Theres no replacement for good summer tires.
Gotcha thanks for the help
Old 09-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ufakeit
hahahhahahahaa you want to sacrifice tire wear and a shitty ride quality so you can look cool?? lol ok this is how you do it. drive fast rip up on ur hand brake and slide sideways into a cub. that should do it. if not then repeat. haha
hahaha..dumbass
Old 09-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its funny that when the hondas at the shows have deep dish rims and a **** load of -camber everyone jocks em, but when i ask for help on how to get a little bit of camber i get laughed at...i thought a little bit can help handling performance but guess i was wrong, sorry i asked
Old 09-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its hater-tech not honda-tech anymore. If you ask what the numbers mean after the letter on the engine codes (eg: B16) you will be flamed to high heaven rather than a simple answer of displacement in litres.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cali-boi_eg6
Its funny that when the hondas at the shows have deep dish rims and a **** load of -camber everyone jocks em, but when i ask for help on how to get a little bit of camber i get laughed at...i thought a little bit can help handling performance but guess i was wrong, sorry i asked
those are track cars. having that much camber will give u better handling but on the street all its going to amount to is poor ride quality and u will eat your tires right up. unless you are auto crossing your car there isnt much benefit, unless u are high speed cornering there is no benefit. if you do a little research on it before u ask questions then you will get better answers. putting that your doing because you like the look is a poor reason. just being honest with you. and a little bit of sarcasm makes it a little more fun. deal with it.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya but most peeps talkin **** are just assuming that the car is a daily driver, what if it is a track or show car im talking about..i have a daily driver, and it sure as hell aint my civic hatchback
Old 09-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by terqui
Its hater-tech not honda-tech anymore. If you ask what the numbers mean after the letter on the engine codes (eg: B16) you will be flamed to high heaven rather than a simple answer of displacement in litres.
thats true
Old 09-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ufakeit
those are track cars. having that much camber will give u better handling but on the street all its going to amount to is poor ride quality and u will eat your tires right up. unless you are auto crossing your car there isnt much benefit, unless u are high speed cornering there is no benefit. if you do a little research on it before u ask questions then you will get better answers. putting that your doing because you like the look is a poor reason. just being honest with you. and a little bit of sarcasm makes it a little more fun. deal with it.
Thanks for your help..but the ride cant be that bad considering that i see plenty of cars on the streets sporting the negative camber
Old 09-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just buy front and rear cambers and camber it my dd has camber nothing extreme and my tires last a good while and looks hard just do what u like for yourself not for others everybody has diff styles ....... i have s2 front and rear cambers got them on cl for cheap just search i payed 40 for rear and 30 for front dropped on buddyclub
Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^nice steal