Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help with shift linkage issue.

Old 12-07-2005, 01:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with shift linkage issue.

Yesterday afternoon when I got out of work I start my car (96 EK) and started driving home. I drove about 500ft and shifted to second gear and BANG. I tried to move my shift through gear and there's no use I can only go up and down. I was freaking out cause I thought I blew my tranny. I tried to start the car again and it started and when I release the clutch I stalled. I got out of the car looked under my car and I can clearly see the connector part of my shift linkage hanging down touching the ground. Now my question is can this be cause from my exhaust piping? The reason why I made the assumption that it's my exhaust pipe was because the owner of the car before me made a stupid decision by welding the pipes too close to the shift linkage so when your shift it vibrates like no other. Without even shift if you just move the shift to the left it vibrates like crazy. Could this be cause from the vibration of the piping to the shift linkage that made the bolt from the shift linkage loose? My car seems to run fine for now. I just manage to drive by to my job building while still in second gear cause I can't shift at all and then ask my boss if he can please drive me home. nice guy
Old 12-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help with shift linkage issue. (Racersky)

Blah......this issue was stupid. Just because of not having a freaking washer with the bolt that cost like 10 cents the freaking shift linkage popped right out. Everything cost me $120.10 to fix it. It was 120 because I had to get the car towed from my job that's like an hour away and 10 for the washer lol
Old 12-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man stuff like that happens. hate towing.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Vtec_Dude)

lol you shoulda been there with me when the police officer told me to pull into this motel/repair shop looking place and wait for my tow truck to come pick me up. The guy looked like a pirate from the face expressions he made and also his accent. I was scared just staring at him.