Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEED HELP A.S.A.P. timing issue(cannot find service connection on my 95 Eg sedan)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEED HELP A.S.A.P. timing issue(cannot find service connection on my 95 Eg sedan)

ok check this out, so i went boost with a whole new set-up homemade itb that is flawless, sohc 1.5l d15b7 with 0.80 over bore built bottom and top end machined everything, after i finally bolted on my turbo and had everything correct and in working formation i started the car and it had a speratic idle so i drove it for a little bit and it still continued so i brought out the chilton and it said that the service connection is behind the kickboard by the ecu, but i check for a lil over an hour but i cannot find the stupid thing since ive never encountered this issue before, can someone please help me because i dont know if it is by the ecu or is actually by the dizzy, thanks A-MiL.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you gots a pic of this ITB ?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:55 AM

Default Re: NEED HELP A.S.A.P. timing issue(cannot find service connection on my 95 Eg sedan) (Projekt_2nr)

look above the ecu.. there are 2 plugs, a 2 pin and a 3 pin.. its held in a green rubber thing..
Old 01-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP A.S.A.P. timing issue(cannot find service connection on my 95 Eg sedan) (gezzuzz)

i believe mine is black im nbot sure cuz im the third owner but when i bouth the car it was completely stock and i only paid $1000 for it but it came with a **** load of parts that were never installed along with an ihi turbo kit, but i installed a gt60 w/ a 1.85a/r
Old 01-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP A.S.A.P. timing issue(cannot find service connection on my 95 Eg sedan) (Projekt_2nr)

i just found mines tonight, but it is located next to the glove compartment behind the panel. it is clipped onto a metal bracket. it is in a green rubber holder, my wires were brown and black. make sure you grab the clip with two wires and not the clip with three...make sure...not sure what the three wire clip is, but it is there...i noticed that on the ecu code link on the main 92-00 civic it says it is above the ecu...and another HT member stated that his 94 civic doesn't have it above the ecu, but next to the glove compartment. so check there...good luck...

Old 01-25-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: NEED HELP A.S.A.P. timing issue(cannot find service connection on my 95 Eg sedan) (ek4_b16a)

Mine is on the passenger side behind the kick panel on my 95 coupe.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont have one i have two wires in green coting, ones a three plug and one is a 2-plug, but theres no harness to connect them to?
Old 02-04-2007, 03:35 PM

That is where you plug the scan tool into. It goes into the two wire connector I'm pretty sure.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP A.S.A.P. timing issue(cannot find service connection on my 95 Eg sedan) (stock_honda_c

i dont have an existing wire harness that theplugs were connected to and theres no caps?
Old 02-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP A.S.A.P. timing issue(cannot find service connection on my 95 Eg sedan) (stock_honda_c

this?

Old 02-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Projekt_2nr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont have an existing wire harness that theplugs were connected to and theres no caps?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The two connectors down there float loose, they don't plug into anything except a rubber cap from the factory. The rubber cap stops water from getting into the connectors and shorting them out. The person who had it before you might've tossed the rubber cap for god knows why (I'm sure it was weight, easier access, or something equally absurd).

To my knowledge the 2-pin connector is the service connector and the other (3-pin?) connector is for troubleshooting ABS, but mine only has the 2-pin and it works for both systems. Del Sols are odd little critters.

All you need to do is turn off the car, jumper the service connector (2-pin) with a paperclip, and do whatever you wanted to do.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i dont have that i have two different connections that i believe whent to the blower housing that were green, but yeah i dont have the plug for timing my car i guess, is there anyother way to do it?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't see why you wouldn't have one. I had to remove my glove box to have access to mine (as depicted in my previous post). I don't know if that helps you at all.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:13 PM

You are trying to sdjust ingnition timing right? A timing light will help you do that.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stock_honda_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You are trying to sdjust ingnition timing right? A timing light will help you do that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Any time you adjust the timing, you're supposed to jumper the service connector. Something about it putting the ECU into a special mode or clearing values or something like that - if you don't then the result won't be as good as when you do. Of course you could also disconnect the battery (and let it sit that way for ~15mins) after adjusting the timing, that should completely reset the ECU.

The guy should snap some photos of what connectors he's looking at, as well as remove his glove box and snap photos up in there. Unless he's got some odd ECU & wiring harness from before they used service connectors (I think even my 87 CRX had a SC), it's gotta be somewhere...
Old 02-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonkeyBoy668 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The two connectors down there float loose, they don't plug into anything except a rubber cap from the factory. The rubber cap stops water from getting into the connectors and shorting them out. The person who had it before you might've tossed the rubber cap for god knows why (I'm sure it was weight, easier access, or something equally absurd).

To my knowledge the 2-pin connector is the service connector and the other (3-pin?) connector is for troubleshooting ABS, but mine only has the 2-pin and it works for both systems. Del Sols are odd little critters.

All you need to do is turn off the car, jumper the service connector (2-pin) with a paperclip, and do whatever you wanted to do.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i only have the brown one the big grey one and 2 green ones with green wire loom around the wires, but no big green clip, the two green ones are a 2 and 3 plug insert