Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help rich running turbo but horrible low end torque-----------

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help rich running turbo but horrible low end torque-----------

I need some advice-- i got my turbo finally fixed(with it running extremly lean.) But now it runs rich which is not a bad thing but i get extreme hesitation in first gear-- when i start the car and let it idle in about a min or two it acts like it wants to die. When i try to start off in first gear only getting the rpms to about 1 1/2 i cant go anywhere it will darn near die on me. But if i give it 2 3/4 ( 2,650 rpm range) It will go but then drop right back down like i am stopping then go again. It does it threwout the gears if i am driving normally not alot of gas to get the turbo to spin up. But if i get the turbo to spin up i have no problems. I cange the spark plugs but i knew that wasnt the problem i was just hopeing. It has the be a fuel management issue. I have a 2001 honda civic ex with a *** import turbo. If anyone has any info plz help.

Thank you

KC
Old 07-17-2004, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Need help rich running turbo but horrible low end torque----------- (Kclerk)

OOPS...... I meant spooling instead of spinning up...
Old 07-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help rich running turbo but horrible low end torque----------- (Kclerk)

try the FI forum
Old 07-17-2004, 06:20 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

who tuned it?
Old 07-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at the top right of your first post and click edit to make changes to your thread.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

the tuning was done buy a shop called uncivil performance. They said the car was good to go-- i got it yesturday-- shops closed till monday. They said i had a bad O2 sensor but i think they fried it cause it was good when it went in their. I have to talk to them monday about it but i was just wondering what could be the problem. The shop is worthless anyway they had my car for about a month and 1/2 and told me i needed a fuel pump and fmu for my 2001 honda civic ex -- came to find out they are useing neither and my car is running but something is wrong??
Old 07-17-2004, 06:37 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what is used to tune it? does it have any fuel managment at all?
Old 07-17-2004, 07:38 PM

if your runnin new and higher injectors then its tooo much, use your stock for now it should work fine. plus you need a managment to control your stuff. also if you dont have any sort of managment . you got to run a 12;1 fmu and most likely 255lph fuel pump . add check vavles
Old 07-18-2004, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Need help rich running turbo but horrible low end torque----------- (dvtlegend)

the car had a 12:1 fmu and a zex inline fuel pump but the shop said it was to much and took it off after saying i needed it. I have a little box that cam with the turbo kit that displays how much fuel it is throwing in to the extra 2 injectors on the throttle body. It has alot of options for tuning but i need to get the manual for it. The only thing i dont understand is if i run it hard for a min the come to a stop light and try to go slow at low rpm (1000 or 1500) to start moving it works just fine but then if i hit second and keep it at 1500rpm i get extreme hesitation again same with third or fourth or 5th gear. now at about 6500 when i shift into the next gear i get a back fire?? i really wanna stop driving my car until i fix the problem. -- the shop had a problem with the fmu and the inline fuel pump they couldnt get the car to start with the two extra injectors but after they removed the FMU it would strt but it is running like crap and they removed the inline fuel pump saying that it was blowing the fuel lines off the connectors-- it hink the shop is crap and would like to fix the car myself.

thank you

KC
Old 07-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so you have 6 injectors and NO FUEL MANAGEMENT installed...no wonder it is running like ****. How much PSI are you running? It wouldnt seem like you have a built setup, so I would assume you are running low PSI. Get rid of the other two injectors, put that fuel management back on, THEN come back and see tell us what happens. I was running rich on 4 injecotrs with the AFC Hack. So I can only imagine what 6 injectors are doing with no way to control them. What size are they???
Old 07-19-2004, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Need help rich running turbo but horrible low end torque----------- (specv5150)

the setup i have now is what came with the kit. I bought a FMU and did take off the two extra injectors and the fuel management that came with it and it ran nice in the begining but it runs two lean i cant get past 2/3 throttle till the engine starts bucking cause it is running to lean. So i tried adding a zex inline fuel pump and that did nothing but blow the hoses off. Now granted i didnt do this work it was a company called uncivil perfomance but they said my car was good to go. I have a returnless fuel system which i guess is giving me alot of hassel. but i dont know yet. Right now it runs fine with the turbo spools up but when it is pure engine it wants to die or hessitate extremly badly till i give it about 2.5 or 3k rpm and then it will go and at the high end right when shifting i get a backfire?? I changed spark plugs and upgraded gas from 89 to 93 and still no change. I am working on getting the tech manual for the injector setup maybe that will help me-- i dont know what size they are but i know i got 240cc in the engine the two extra are ? I was also looking at hondata but i didnt find anything for a 2001 honda civic ex seems to be hard to find anything for a d17
Old 07-19-2004, 12:13 PM

This is why Greddy kits are so nice, everything works.