Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help...putting in new 6x9's and need to know how not to break stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help...putting in new 6x9's and need to know how not to break stuff.

the speakers seem to be fortrified in there...tried prying the plastic mesh off, but forsaw something breaking, then attempted to put the whole plastic sheet off the back by the window...dont know if it is the white tabs underneath that let it go loose or if it is screwed in...never had a civic before and its a 2002 so i dont feel like breaking anything yet. if anyone could help me that would be awsome.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Need help...putting in new 6x9's and need to know how not to break stuff. (Poosnack)

rear dash speaker? go in the trunk and screw the nuts under the 6x9 that is holding down that speaker cover. then remove and should be self explanatory.

if you cant figure that out, go lay in the trunk area and close the trunk.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need help...putting in new 6x9's and need to know how not to break stuff. (=GAMEOVER=)

no no the screws come from top to bottom...would be easy if they were under...need to know how to access them the easiest...then the hard part is over...and nothing gets broke. didnt see screws holding it in...thats why im asking...but im assuming your saying there is screws holding them in?

Modified by Poosnack at 3:37 PM 11/3/2004
Old 11-03-2004, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help...putting in new 6x9's and need to know how not to break stuff. (Poosnack)

ASSUMING... the 2002 is held in there the same as the 2000 EX...
Good thing you didnt pull those speaker grills, they dont come out... but I wish they did too...

You need to do a few things to get that back panel out.. first, fold down seats.. then take out any retaining clips or plastic from the back pannel..if you still have those 3 cargo or something bars (look like hooks or loops on bolts) on the back panel, they need out too, THEN, your quarter panels inside might be in front and on top of the rear pannel some like mine.. you will need to at the very least, move them down, but to not break anything, take them out.

Once all that is done, the back panel SHOULD come out by slowly prying it up, it has the plastic peices...

its hard to do the back panel because of lining things up, it will take a while, I hate it, it was worse than installing my amp and running all the wires for speakers and headunit..everything...

Anyways, once you get that out, it will all come clear... SO.. if you want any dynamat, or something back there do it now too, you wont want to do it again...

if you have any pics, post them, and I may be able to help more.