Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEED HELP! Power window conversion locks don't work

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP! Power window conversion locks don't work

I need help. I researched this all over and could not find a straight answer. I have a 2000 EK hatchback and I just converted it to power windows. The power locks don't work. I bought a 99-00 SI or EX (same part #) floor harness. I noticed that a lot of the pins coming from the floor harness do not match or connect to anything to the plug under the dash. (This could obviously be the problem) But what I'm asking is what did everyone do to fix this problem. During my troubleshooting I re-pinned of the wires on the floor harness side and connected the driver side actuator to test it. It only moved when unlocking and the passenger side did nothing. Could it be the actuators or control unit? I'm not even sure if the actuators or lock control unit even works since I bought it used.

I know there's a wiring diagram out there to do it without the floor harness. But I wanted to do it legit and use the floor harness hoping it was just plug and play. Do I have to replace the dash harness? Re-pin/re-wire the harness? (Would suck especially since I bought the floor harness brand new)

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP! Power window conversion locks don't work

Are you sure you have a 99-00 Civic si or ex floor harness? maybe you got a 96-99 Civic instead.. It should plug and play with your dash harness without any repinning... I think you got the wrong harness
Old 06-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by raidacaipo
Are you sure you have a 99-00 Civic si or ex floor harness? maybe you got a 96-99 Civic instead.. It should plug and play with your dash harness without any repinning... I think you got the wrong harness
You just got me worried for a second and had to double check. hehe It is a 99-00 SI/EX floor harness. What I have found during my research is that I might have to replace my dash harness to get the the power locks to work. Sounds like a hassle. I have the power lock control box but it's for a 96-98. So, that was just a waste. At least the power windows work. Thanks for the quick response!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the same problem. for some reason, the 99-00 civic hatch power locks doesnt work.
my buddy did the same conversion and his doesnt work either.

ive also read some posts on here, and theirs doesnt work either. and theyre all 99-00 hatches. youre not the only one.

im just going to tap my alarm to my actuators, thats what my buddy did. no issues.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you need the keyless entry box from the donor car that sits in the driver side bottom panel in order for the locks to work, im not sure if you're going to have to swap the dash harness because when i did mine i swapped all the wiring from a '00, the reason i know you need the box is because i neglected to hook it up since i didnt have the remote for it and i couldnt figure out why my locks didnt work, so i gave it a try and that solved my problem. hopes this helps.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe this link might help though its for 96-98 eks..

http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/album106/album206/
Old 06-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NOOdS
i have the same problem. for some reason, the 99-00 civic hatch power locks doesnt work.
my buddy did the same conversion and his doesnt work either.

ive also read some posts on here, and theirs doesnt work either. and theyre all 99-00 hatches. youre not the only one.

im just going to tap my alarm to my actuators, thats what my buddy did. no issues.
I think it's the dash harness that needs to be replaced. I did the same thing. I just used my alarm and the actuators from my old alarm before I did the conversion.

Originally Posted by slowhatchcali
you need the keyless entry box from the donor car that sits in the driver side bottom panel in order for the locks to work, im not sure if you're going to have to swap the dash harness because when i did mine i swapped all the wiring from a '00, the reason i know you need the box is because i neglected to hook it up since i didnt have the remote for it and i couldnt figure out why my locks didnt work, so i gave it a try and that solved my problem. hopes this helps.
Did you swap the dash harness also? Like I told NOOds ^^^ I think you're supposed to. It makes sense since there are wires missing from the dash harness that's supposed to connect to the floor harness. I have the control box from a 96-98. I didn't need it, so I just disconnected it.

Maybe this link might help though its for 96-98 eks..

http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/album106/album206/
Thanks! This was actually the guide I was using to install my conversion. I think the rear wiper wire swap is different from 99-00. I tried following it and there were wires already where it says to swap it to. I swapped them anyway. My rear wiper worked but my power windows didn't. I swapped them back the windows worked fine. I'll sacrifice the rear wiper for power windows.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

long shot but I forgot to mention. Did you added the 3 fuses in order for it to work? just wondering.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

long shot but I forgot to mention. Did you added the 3 fuses in order for it to work? just wondering.
Yeah, I added those 3 fuses. I'm almost positive it's the dash harness. The wires that are missing are the same color codes for the the power locks.