Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help. New to EG's. how to install p/w p/locks in a DX

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help. New to EG's. how to install p/w p/locks in a DX

Okay my girl is about to get a nice DX is actually being sold on H-T. But it doesn't come with a/c, p/s, p/l, p/w. Of course she wants it all.

But would like to get the power windows and power locks stuff and install it but I am not sure of a couple of things..

Will the wiring just snap in place?
Do I need any type of Power module like a relay or anything?

What will I need besides new door panels, wire harness, power window motor, racks, regulator, switches?

thanks.
Shane
Old 11-29-2004, 02:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help. New to EG's. how to install p/w p/locks in a DX (vtecn8ive)

You can get kits to do it all that come with the wiring and switches. The locks are the easy part though the windows are not that hard either. You can even get creative as I did so you can re-use the same door panels. I am using my stock DX panels though I have modified the armrest and pull handle to remove the window crank.. its all smooth and spacey looking. The window and lock switches are hidden under the middle dash.. just above the cig. lighter.

Old 11-29-2004, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help. New to EG's. how to install p/w p/locks in a DX (spdweb.net)

hmmm Anyone else?
Old 11-29-2004, 05:24 AM
11:11

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Need help. New to EG's. how to install p/w p/locks in a DX (vtecn8ive)

http://repo.jackmoves.com/albun42?page=1

I swear, nobody searches anymore
Old 11-29-2004, 05:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help. New to EG's. how to install p/w p/locks in a DX (smithenhiven)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smithenhiven &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://repo.jackmoves.com/albun42?page=1

I swear, nobody searches anymore</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed
Old 11-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help. New to EG's. how to install p/w p/locks in a DX (93CivicSI)

Okay let me rephrase. I am aware there are kits out there I was curious if I could use the stock p/w and p/l?? In other words use the wiring and everything else from a EX that came with them.

help please.

Hey I"m a stupid ***. Is that link for placing p/w, and p/l in a DX?? thanks guys.

Yeah I am new to EG's so I am new to the search button .
-Shane
Old 11-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The parts from an EX will work, switches, motors, gearing. You are going to have to invent some wiring though. as that part of the EX wiring harness is part of the over all cars harness and you would have it butchered by the time you got it out.

And to answer your other question.. yes you should use a relay for the windows.

It's not an easy few hour task to tackle.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help. New to EG's. how to install p/w p/locks in a DX (spdweb.net)

Okay cool yeah I read that site. Was kinda unsure what he meant by lengthening the wires. From what to where? From the fuse box or from the Power Module (thingamabober)? Got lost on where to lengthen the wires can anybody help me out there?

I kinda figure that most of it would plug and play.
-Shane
Old 11-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

y do u have 2 screennames?
Old 11-29-2004, 10:27 AM

Here's my write up on the install: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1065575 It's in the last page of the FAQ sticky along with tons of other useful **** that nobody ever reads or bother searching through
In order for your passenger side to work, you need to run wires from the driver side to the passenger side door so you can control the lock, window, and mirror or what have you.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help. New to EG's. how to install p/w p/locks in a DX (Cuong-nutz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">y do u have 2 screennames?</TD></TR></TABLE>

who are you talking to?

Thanks everybody for the help.
-Shane
Old 11-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help. New to EG's. how to install p/w p/locks in a DX (Cuong-nutz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cuong-nutz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
In order for your passenger side to work, you need to run wires from the driver side to the passenger side door so you can control the lock, window, and mirror or what have you.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Another reason I put all my switches in the center. Other then the fact that looking cleaner is meaner.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:58 PM

How's it cleaner? The wires are both hidden under the dash/ carpet anyways. Whatever floats your boat.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecn8ive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Will the wiring just snap in place?
Do I need any type of Power module like a relay or anything?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The connectors should be there for you.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cuong-nutz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How's it cleaner? The wires are both hidden under the dash/ carpet anyways. Whatever floats your boat.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I meant the switches for the windows and locks.. They are not visible in my car.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:36 AM

Old 12-22-2004, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK
Default Re: Need help. New to EG's. how to install p/w p/locks in a DX (zdowell17)

You bump an old thread but don't even write in what you are in search of?
Old 12-22-2004, 09:13 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spdweb.net &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The parts from an EX will work, switches, motors, gearing. You are going to have to invent some wiring though. as that part of the EX wiring harness is part of the over all cars harness and you would have it butchered by the time you got it out.

And to answer your other question.. yes you should use a relay for the windows.

It's not an easy few hour task to tackle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You dont have to "invent" any wiring..... If you have a donor ex to pull parts from then you can actually pull all the wiring you will need from it. It will however require you to remove the donor cars dash and other misc. items from behind the dash. Not a big deal.

I did this exact same swap a few months ago. I was tired of my dookie brown interior and opted for a nicer black ex interior with the power windows and locks options. You will need the power window relay (which will be located in its under dash fuse box) and you will also need the power lock "box" which will be located in the drivers side door panel closeset to the door hinge. If you cant figure out which relay is for the windows, just look at your fuse box and the donors; compare the two. Everything else is a no brainer. All bolt holes line up perfectly for everything to be mounted just like stock.

And if you need help, feel free to pm. The install is still fresh in my mind.