Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help with my setup!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my setup!

Hey, I just bought my new car....its a 2000 civic si! So far I love it and its pretty damn quick stock. Before this, I had a mustang....V6 none the less I know I should be shot for that. Well this is my first import and I want to make all the ******** mustangers who said dont buy this car cause its slow look like idiots and I need your guys help! I hope you guys are cooler than those friggen tools cause they are all ********* and wouldnt help a fellow stanger out to save their life.

heres my idea, I want to be quick and stay reliable so I came up with this:

jackson racing supercharger 6psi? 8psi? 9psi? what do you guys suggest keeping in mind I wont take it to the track but want to be fast on the street.
cartech(I think) rising rate fmu
headers of some kind
apexi cat back 2.5 inch
aem short ram intake
hondata head gasket
one range colder spark plugs
fuel pump
and a dyno tune

What else would you guys suggest? Do I need something to adjust my ignition timing? Should I run 6, 8, or 9psi? How should I do it...8psi pulley from jrsc or a ENDYN stepper for 9psi?

Thanks for any info you can give me, but please dont tell me to put on a turbo cause I dont drag race. Also I dont know if this is the right forum for this post so if its not I apologize...thanks again!

[Modified by firstimport, 12:04 AM 3/8/2002]
Old 03-07-2002, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Need help with my setup! (firstimport)

No one here can help me out? Come on guys give me some help here, I have searched the forums endlessly but now answers to my exact questions....give me any help you can.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:45 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DO your basic I/H/E/IM set up then if your goign to supercharge i would do alittle internal work on top of that and get a clutch theres much more to it though
Old 03-07-2002, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Need help with my setup! (95CivicEX)

I am going to do the I/H/E.....IM is that intake manifold? If so why would I do that if I am getting a JRSC, I know I definetly want to supercharge, just want answers to my quetions above about mainly what psi you guys think and what I need to get it running reliably, I am on a budget though so no standalones or safeguards. What else is there to it....air...check...fuel....check....ignition timing....check....dyno tune....check what else is there to it? Also why would I do internal work.... for 6 or 8psi you dont need internal work, not even 9psi I dont think you would need internal work. Any body else have some suggestion or opinions on my suggested setup?

[Modified by firstimport, 12:03 AM 3/8/2002]

[Modified by firstimport, 12:07 AM 3/8/2002]
Old 03-07-2002, 03:14 PM
New User

First thing you'll need is a new clutch/flywheel. If you aren't and dont' want to go with a standalone, which I highly recommend doing. You'll need all the proper bandaids ie: VAFC, FPR etc. After purchasing all the bandaids it will almost cost the same as a Hondata 2b so why not pay a lil extra and get it done right the first time. Just my .02 cents hope it helps. Ryan
Old 03-07-2002, 03:48 PM

Some budget! Wish my budget included a JRSC! Good luck man, but its not just a buncha bolt-ons thats gonna get you going out there on the street. Something to think about...
They dont care what you have, they dont care what stickers you have on it, They only care about how well you know your car and how well you take care of it. You are going to spend mucho $$$'o on this thing whether you want to or not. Not to keep it running or to repair it, but just to get the things you want to work TOGETHER, thats the hard part. http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292256213
Old 03-07-2002, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Need help with my setup! (Civic VTi)

Ok in light of the fact that I dont want to blow my motor to pieces, I will go with a hondata....but what the heck does it do, how do I set it up and what besides the stage two with boost upgrade do I need? How do I tune the car with the hondata? Do I need anything other than the hondata to tune it? I think I plan to only run 6 psi...but if I decide to ever go higher will the hondata alow me to do so? I need all the information I checked out the site and still have no idea how in the heck it works. Is a hondata necessary even if I only plan to go 6 psi?

[Modified by firstimport, 1:47 AM 3/8/2002]
Old 03-07-2002, 04:59 PM
New User

You don't need a hondata(.) on 6psi maybe a FPR, colder plugs, high flow fuel pump, and retard the timing. But you don't need SAEM. And if you go over 6psi just upgrade your fuel injectors, have it tuned and you'll be set. Seems like a lot of ppl here are paranoid about reliability, and think a SAEM will prevent them from destroying their engine A V-AFC would probably help to tune out your fuel curve too. Your in Keansburg...LOL...I'm about 2-5miles north of you. Have fun
Old 03-07-2002, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Need help with my setup! (TeggerLS)

Hey TeggerLs thanks I didnt think I needed all that crap for just 6 psi I just want some good street performance not an all out race car. Do I need anything to retard my timing? Do I need to dyno tune it with the FPR on there...I think I want a rising rate one right? Like the vortech SFMU? Hey you live near me? You dont by any chance drive a black integra with a body kit....cause if so I have seen you around. If your mechanically inclined maybe we can get together and you can help me set up the JRSC on my car.