Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEED HELP WITH MY EK ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP WITH MY EK ASAP!

Alright, so this is what happened. I was driving normal around 35ish and out of nowhere my cars turns off...i have bad motor mounts, so when i opened the hood looks like the manifold had hit the firewall a little and bent the tube and hit my fuel pressure regulator.

So we thought it was fuel, since the car didnt start anymore...changed everything back to stock (fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator). still nothing.... car cranks but doesnt start. its getting fuel for sure and we check for spark and it gets spark.

so we took out the spark plugs...to find that the #1 cylinder spark plug was kinda messed up as if the piston had hit it....so we thought motor was done. but we looked at it close and piston didnt have a hole in it. we took the spark plugs and spark plug wires...tried cranking it since someone told me that if you do that and each piston moves up and down your block is good. which it did...everything moved like normal. Also when car turned off there were no weird noises...like if something in the motor had broken and when you try to crank same thing, normal.

we think its something electrical...but we changed ECU, check ECU fuse on the fuse box under the hood, checked other fuses, put new spark plugs and spark plug wires.

So if anyone on here might know whats wrong, please help me. Also i need someone who knows ALOT about hondas. who is willing to come and check it out..ofcourse not for free. Located in Orlando, FL.

i just want her to run again.....
Old 06-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ANYONE????
Old 06-26-2008, 07:26 PM

Default Re: NEED HELP WITH MY EK ASAP! (ChrisEK9)

Just to put this out there I would check the crank shaft sensor( connector) make sure it's plugged in and not cut at all. Also do you have any check engine lights on? Know dont forget that might be your problem but just putting my 2 cents in.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i heard that if your running OBD1 ECU that doesnt matter...which i am running OBD1 gsr ecu.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:20 AM

Default Re: (ChrisEK9)

no that's not exactly right, some of us have modified ecus where we can turn off the knock sensor...etc... If you have a CEL then you should pull it and start from there. PIcs would also realy help. I just can't picture how your FPR hit the firewall. Spark plug pic would be great too.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re:

there's almost no way the manifold will hit the firewall, and if it does, your axles are taking quite the abuse. fix your mounts, that's ridiculous.

if it gets fuel and spark, which you claim, then cranking it will at least start it for a short time. if you're not getting initial combustion then your claim about fuel and spark is wrong. cranking over + fuel + spark = engine start. that's it. if it's firing up and then shutting off, which it doesn't sound like, your ecu is likely at fault.