Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

In need of help for my 95 honda civic lx

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 In need of help for my 95 honda civic lx

i just joined this honda tech, so im kinda new to this.But im startin a new project for my car, an i have been doin tons of research, but i jus cannot decide what to do. Right now everythin is stock in my car. but what i cnt decide is should I stick to my d series engine, and rebuild it from top to bottom, or should i swap a b20 in it. i also tryin to see, if i do swap a b20 in it, should i go vtec or non vtec? people have been tellin me vtec is good, but they are not reliable, meanin they will go out on me. Now if I do go with the b series, will I still have to build a lot of internal parts for the engine for it to be turboed, and with nitrous? my goal i want to reach is 350 to 400 whp. im willin to pay the money, i jus wnna kno wat i should start off with.im not tht car savvy with cars, so thts y im always doin research, and gettin other peoples opinion. i got so many dreams with my honda, I jus wanna make it all come true. Any help is appreciated..thx
Old 06-21-2011, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: In need of help for my 95 honda civic lx

Originally Posted by lilcurt
i just joined this honda tech, so im kinda new to this.But im startin a new project for my car, an i have been doin tons of research, but i jus cannot decide what to do. Right now everythin is stock in my car. but what i cnt decide is should I stick to my d series engine, and rebuild it from top to bottom, or should i swap a b20 in it. i also tryin to see, if i do swap a b20 in it, should i go vtec or non vtec? people have been tellin me vtec is good, but they are not reliable, meanin they will go out on me. Now if I do go with the b series, will I still have to build a lot of internal parts for the engine for it to be turboed, and with nitrous? my goal i want to reach is 350 to 400 whp. im willin to pay the money, i jus wnna kno wat i should start off with.im not tht car savvy with cars, so thts y im always doin research, and gettin other peoples opinion. i got so many dreams with my honda, I jus wanna make it all come true. Any help is appreciated..thx

If you're going for a boosted B-series .. i'd go with a b18c6 or b18c-r, that's most commonly done here in belgium. 2 of my friends have it, one's running 346 whp the other 357 whp.

k20 or h22 is a good base too but more expensive .. everything depends on the budget you are willing to spend on it.

B18c6 with stock internal can easily run close to 300 eng-hp safe on lowboost for example
Old 06-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you are planning on boosting and nitrous you should do a b-series, sleeve it, forged pistons and rods.. lots of work if you want to do it right and don't mind spending the money it will prob cost around 6-7k just in motor and turbo
Old 06-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok..whitesol26) so u sayin if i was to go with a b18 motor, i won't have to do tht much internal work, and i can easily reach about 300 hp, with a good turbo? keep in mind too tht im adding a wet nitrous kit to the car as well, so im kinda pretty sure im goin to have to do sum internal work with tht..but the ? is, what all do i need to upgrade. i def kno about the upgradin the rods and pistons, but anything else?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crxsisohc
if you are planning on boosting and nitrous you should do a b-series, sleeve it, forged pistons and rods.. lots of work if you want to do it right and don't mind spending the money it will prob cost around 6-7k just in motor and turbo
thx for the answer crxsisohc.