Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEED HELP WITH MY 00 SI

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP WITH MY 00 SI

Well i bought a theft recovery 00 SI and the underdash fuse box has been tampered with. They removed plugs and all types of stuff. They took the Cruise control unit, lots of stuff. They cut the plugs for moon roof, cluster, climate control, etc. Well i was wondering whats the best i can do. I have another 00 SI shell thats crashed and was planning on taking of the complete underdash harness from it!! would this help. I wanted to take it off all togheter with fuse box. If anyone has any help on how or what should i do then it would be gladly appreciated!!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:36 AM

Default Re: NEED HELP WITH MY 00 SI (EG6-baybee)

Old 08-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP WITH MY 00 SI (EG6-baybee)

There are a couple of different wire harnesses that are under your Dashboard. Unfortunately, the Cruise Control Unit Connector is part of the Main Wire Harness, part of which feeds through the Grommet in the Upper Driver's-Side part of the Firewall.

There are around 40 In-Cabin Driver-Side Connections for the Main Wire Harness, and another 8 or so for the Passenger Side (which also feeds through a Firewall Grommet on that side). For the Engine Bay, the Main Wire Harness has an additional 20 or so Connectors (10 each for D & P-side)... Don't forget the Ground terminals...

If you can imagine disconnecting all of these, removing and replacing the Main Harness (which also has connections to your Moonroof Harness and other systems), then you'll realize that it's probably best to repair what you have. Salvaging/cannibalizing the connectors you need from the donor Harness is probably your best option. You can also get many of them from an EX.

The Cluster and Climate Controls (rather, the Connectors for them) are part of your Dashboard Harness. This one, while still cumbersome, will be much easier to remove/replace than the Main Harness, as all connections are in the Interior, and none feed through a Grommet. However, accessing these connections and/or removing the Harness completely may require you to remove your Dashboard (PITA).

In any case, it's best to take a picture of what you have and/or what you're missing, and compare this with an unmolested Harness.

Harness repair isn't too bad, once you recognize which wires you need to reconnect. Unfortunately, it sounds like identifying what's missing may be the biggest hurdle...

Let us know, and try to take some pictures if you can!
Best of luck.
JasonGhostz
Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 PM

Default Re: NEED HELP WITH MY 00 SI (JasonGhostz)

Man thanks alot for the info. I actually repaired the harness. headlights, climate, everything wasnt working, and now it is. ive been at it since 1030 this morning and just finished up right now. Its 930 right now, lol. the only thing i need to fix now is the SRS because the thieves took the control unit for the srs. all i need now for interior is the cluster. I have the seats anD all it needs is a cleaning and the interior should be pretty much togheter, It was easier jsut fixing the existing harness!! I tooke off what i needed from the crashed SI . It has everything i need to put mine togheter!! Cant wait to see how it turns out. Thanks alot for the info JasonGhostz, i appreciate it alot!!