Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help, Just rebuilt trans, now cant get it in gear!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help, Just rebuilt trans, now cant get it in gear!!

I just recently rebuilt my trans and got the trans back in the car and now when I try to put it in any gear it is locked out. Every single gear...

I can force it into 3rd after about 5 mins but that is all. The car is not drivable. I put trans fluid in it and still nothing..

I need your guys help because the clutch feels fine and everything. Is there anything I can try so I dont have to spend another 2 hours pulling out the trans?

I dont really even know what is wrong except when I was rebuilding the trans itself I put something in wrong?

Does anyone have any ideas I tried drving it down the street starting In 3rd but i couldnt get it out of 3rd.

thanks in advance..
Old 06-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Electrician

Have you checked for any shifter linkage binding? Have you checked the condition of the shifter linkage bushings?

Other than that, since you did do a rebuild, you might of messed up on some part of the rebuild. Did you use a Helms manual to do the rebuild?
Old 06-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Deemeetree)

yea make sure all of the linkage is setup and working properlyif that sint it i would have t say the rebuild didnt get done properly..was this a full rebuild such as new syncros, input shaft and all that jazz?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: (Your Mom Goes To College)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Your Mom Goes To College &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea make sure all of the linkage is setup and working properlyif that sint it i would have t say the rebuild didnt get done properly..was this a full rebuild such as new syncros, input shaft and all that jazz?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No it was jsut a new differential but when it all spun freely when put back together, and it would go in gear when trhe trans was off of the car, but now that everything is hooked up it doesnt want to move.

Thanks for the advice, I'll post if I find anything, if not I guess I have to take it apart again
Old 06-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Electrician

If you are certain it went into gear when it was out of the car, check your linkage for any binding and check your bushings.

It rained a lot and there was flooding everywhere, had to go through some deep water to get back home. Next morning, shifter was frozen stiff. Ended up being the shifter bushings. Took some "oooomf" to break it loose.