Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help with JDM B20B swap in a 93 civic coupe .. auto-to-manual conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with JDM B20B swap in a 93 civic coupe .. auto-to-manual conversion

i just picked up a JDM B20B for $800 and it came with the following parts...
B20B Motor
LS Intake Manifold
LS ECU (P75)
GSR Flywheel
Shift Linkage with ITR Short Shifter
what else do i need to complete the swap for now besides a tranny (my friend is going to sell me his '99 GSR Tranny)? also, i'm trying to keep it OBD-I; what would i need to do that?
=
my plans are to eventually go B20/VTEC, but that's later down the road. right now i just want to get the swap in and have the car running. at the same time, i'm going to convert my automatic civic into a stick. so far we have the following parts, in addition to what came with the motor, for the conversion:
Clutch Master Cylinder/Resevior
Clutch Pedal
Clutch Lines
what else do we need in order to do a complete auto-to-manual conversion?

Old 06-05-2003, 12:45 PM

oh hey this is 95"se"eper from sro......
u need to drill a hole in your obd1 intake manifold and put a nipple on it for a vacum line from the rear of the engine. the obd1 car's have a can type thing on the rear of the engine. the obd2 blocks don't....have the hole for the can to go in to. so u mount the vacum line from the pipe up into the nipple u installed on the im.......i just swapped over the old b18b valve cover so i dont' have to worry bout the pcv valve. if team-integra.net was up i would get u the full list of stuff u need for the manual swap.....but their server is down right now.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with JDM B20B swap in a 93 civic coupe .. auto-to-manual conversion (93 EJ1)

Clutch Master Cylinder/Resevior
Clutch Pedal
Clutch Lines
what else do we need in order to do a complete auto-to-manual conversion?

[/QUOTE]

You're going to need the gas and brake pedal from a manual also....or it's going to be a pain in the *** trying to drive with that big *** brake pedal...
also you have 2 choices for the tranny mount...you can either buy a bracket from honda and get it welded in then get a 94+ integra tranny mount or you can get an auto to manual tranny mount from place racing or other companies and not worry about the welding....