Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help identifying correct CV axles for a B16 swapped '94 Civic DX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help identifying correct CV axles for a B16 swapped '94 Civic DX?

Greetings all, first post here - please be gentle.

Some years ago my wife and I had a swap done on our 1994 4DR Civic DX sedan by Performance Direct in Richmond, VA. Since then, the car has passed on to some friends of ours in Williamsburg and Performance Direct is no longer active as a swap shop (owners turned their business to kart racing, AFAIK).

I am trying to help my friends in Williamsburg solve a relatively simple situation, but I need your kind expertise because I lack some information. The car needs a CV axle replacement, and I don't know exactly where it was taken but the mechanics scratched their heads at the swap job and had no idea what part to order. Needless to say, after I make this post and have my n00b status upgraded I will go ask the Mid-Atlantic regional who a better mechanic in Hampton Roads might be!

In the meantime, trying to do what I can to help - I no longer have all the paperwork on the swap so I don't know the exact type of B16 the engine was but it was VTEC and I think it was possibly a B16A. Also, if this helps, the transmission is a 5 speed manual and had an LSD (definitely sure of this, it was something we were particular about back when it was swapped). Finally, I think I recall from swap conversations years ago that the CV axles used to mate that tranny to the '94 Civic were from some model of Del Sol (but I know not exactly which one so I can't be sure of a part number).

Can anyone help me out with either identifying the exact engine/transmission codes so I can edit this post and be more informative, or help me determine exactly what the part number for the CV axles would be so I can help my friends out?

I read through all the FAQ posts I could find and noticed "missing links, oops" on the Engine Code sticky - please feel free to redirect me if I missed reading relevant resources as a forum n00b and MANY THANKS in advance for your help!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:46 AM
Needs More Cowbell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need help identifying correct CV axles for a B16 swapped '94 Civic DX? (khyron)

The model of del sol that you are looking for is the Vtec edition(i think that it is edition)
2000 civic si axles should work, too