Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEED HELP!!! huge problem with my motor in my ek!!! HELP ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! huge problem with my motor in my ek!!! HELP ASAP!!!

jus got my 2000 civic dx back from the dealership and they said the problem was this.

"A customer states that the check engine light is in- vtec solenoid found to be bad, vtec pressure switch, vtec valve, and ecm/pcm - ck & adv

they told me they were 80-90% sure a new valve spool would fix the problem that cost me $446.48 which didn’t do ****.

on the invoice receipt it said,

"verified customer concern found wiring harness to be cut and rewired improperly. check engine number to see if the engine is original equipment and it is not. should have a 16 valve 4cyl in it and it has v-tec engine installed. engine was a swap out. cant fix the problem and replace wire harness. 1.0 4151. replaced spool valve and rechecked with the has same code came back on vtec failure 1259 cant do anything now unless the customer replaced the engine harness for the original."

anyone know what they mean when I have vtec in my motor? i have a d16y8

any suggestions on anything else i can do to fix this problem!!!! HELP!!!
jus got my 2000 civic dx back from the dealership and they said the problem was this.

"A customer states that the check engine light is in- vtec solenoid found to be bad, vtec pressure switch, vtec valve, and ecm/pcm - ck & adv

they told me they were 80-90% sure a new valve spool would fix the problem that cost me $446.48 which didn’t do ****.

on the invoice receipt it said,

"verified customer concern found wiring harness to be cut and rewired improperly. check engine number to see if the engine is original equipment and it is not. should have a 16 valve 4cyl in it and it has v-tec engine installed. engine was a swap out. cant fix the problem and replace wire harness. 1.0 4151. replaced spool valve and rechecked with the has same code came back on vtec failure 1259 cant do anything now unless the customer replaced the engine harness for the original."

anyone know what they mean when I have vtec in my motor? i have a d16y8

any suggestions on anything else i can do to fix this problem!!!! HELP!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP!!! huge problem with my motor in my ek!!! HELP ASAP!!! (FRKWOO)

A dx model did not have a d16y8 vtec motor in it, it had a d16y7 non vtec motor. It sounds like someone tried to wire in the vtec and didn't know what they were doing. Dealer doesn't want to mess with the wrong engine harness and make it work, they are not a custom repair shop.

My local Honda dealer refuses to work on a modified honda, period.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Has the engine been swapped? What motor is in it? What ECU are you running?

Assuming you've swapped a D16y8 into it, I would suggest you get an engine wire harness from an EX. I got one off ebay for $50 and used it to wire up my b series swap.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94CivicSi)

^^^ if i get the ex wire harness it should fix the problem???
Old 08-22-2008, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (FRKWOO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FRKWOO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^ if i get the ex wire harness it should fix the problem???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, that would be the easiest way.