Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help!!! How to install doors..

Old 03-09-2003, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!! How to install doors..

I'm trying to install 99 Si doors into my 96 hatch. I got the whole door not just motors..
The wires are cut...how do i rewired the whole thing? or where is the wires i could wired it ?? can anyone help?? or where do i wire it??
Thanks in Advance.

MIke
Old 03-09-2003, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Need Help!!! How to install doors.. (s2000spoon)

anyone?
Old 03-10-2003, 01:15 PM

TTT
Old 03-10-2003, 01:30 PM

bump
Old 03-10-2003, 01:44 PM
New User

when you say 'the wires are cut' what exactly do you mean? Did your car come with the power options to begin with? If so, just plug the harnes into the socket on the door jamb. If not, you are going to have to do some junk yard surfing and find the COMPLETE chassis wiring. This actually isn't as hard as it sounds but you will have to do some work. If you find a donor car, remove all the AC stuff so that you can get to the main wiring harness which runs allong the inside of the fire wall. Starting at the passenger side, carefully pull as much of the door harness wiring out as you can and then cut it on an angle or cut all the wires at slightly different lengths (this will allow you to easily match the wires up again).

Then, from the drivers side, remove the door wiring harness back to fuse box. remove the plugs that connect it to the box and cut all the non-door related wires (keeping the plugs) You should be able to pull the rest of the wiring that extends over to the pasenges side free from the main harness. If not, keep removing **** untill it comes free. dont pull on the wires too hard because they WILL break. If your car has power mirrors you will have to remove that plug as well.

Once you have the wiring, installing it into your car is a snap. solder the harness back together where you cut it. remove the pins from the plugs that attach to the fuse box and install them in the exact same place on the plugs in your car. Route the pigtails through the frame to the doors, plug them in, add the two window fuses, plug in the power mirror switch and you're done.

P.S. you will probably have to remove the fenders to gain access to the door harness connector and the hinges. This isn't too big a deal.

I've done this to my EG hatch and it works.

Mike
Old 03-10-2003, 01:52 PM

well, I have the same dillema.....

I have the complete doors from a 2000 Si, going onto my 98 hatch. MY hatch was a dx, and the only wiring that is involved is the speaker...so.

What I am going to do is simply, go to my local autosound/security shop, pick up a DEI window module, I will use this to control my windows. It is as simple as that, find the correct wires comming out of the door, for the motors and the switches, and the relays are in the window module, so no real pain there. Also my windows will go down with my alarm, but you do not have to have an alarm to make this work.

As for the door locks, I will simply use relays in conjunction with the switces and my alarm to make them work, and if you have ever installed an alarm with power locks, this is simple and straight forward.

For the morrors, if they simply dont get 12v switched, then i will not touch them, I can always roll down my window if I really needed to change my mirror position on the fly. Not really something that i am worried about.

And for the speakers, just as the DX, but with some more tweak..

[Modified by 4g4me, 4:53 PM 3/10/2003]
Old 03-10-2003, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Need Help!!! How to install doors.. (4g4me)

92sleepR
the wires to the door are ok...the wires from the doors to the car is cut, the wires from the cars to the doors are only two wires, which is for the speakers.

4g4me
i was hopeing that there are existing wires in the car and all i have to do is spice'em into the car. Wat u did makes sense, but i do want to utilize everything this doors has, mirrors, power doors, windows, and tweeters.

Question is: Is there other parts i could get to just plug and play? I'm dying to install the doors, need help..
Thanks guys for the advice..its giving me more ideas.

Mike
Old 03-13-2003, 03:29 PM

Comon....someone here must have done a door swap......please help....

MIke