Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help guys suspension question..........

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help guys suspension question..........

what spring would you guys recommend that's a good ride, not bouncy that would tuck pretty good with a 17'' wheels. I am looking for a good spring one of my friends told me to go with an set of eibach springs can't find any with a 2'' drop all like 1''4 or 1''8 what would you guys recommend?
Old 09-04-2005, 07:48 AM

H&R race springs
Old 09-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help guys suspension question.......... (vtecgod)

skunk 2
Old 09-04-2005, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help guys suspension question.......... (postman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by postman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">skunk 2</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (B16ACivichtch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16ACivichtch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">H&R race springs</TD></TR></TABLE>

or even H&R sport springs...
17's are hard to tuck without rubbing...
Old 09-04-2005, 02:55 PM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A
Default Re: (ROK801)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ROK801 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

or even H&R sport springs...
17's are hard to tuck without rubbing...</TD></TR></TABLE>If you have the $ get a full damper setup. Coilovers will insure you can eliminate any rub you may experience, or adjust the look as needed.. But $250 tops for springs or ~$1000 for a decent full damper setup is a big difference.. Really comes down to opinions/plans you have for the vehicle..
Old 09-04-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Need help guys suspension question.......... (vtecgod)

go wit h and r race springs sit nice and not bouncy
Old 09-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK

Stop recommending H & R race springs for a person with 17 inch wheels, a person with 15s will get the desired affect from those so what will a person with 17s get.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (INVALID)

I've been bouncing back and forth between H&R and Eibach springs. I'm riding on 15's, I have heard that the Eibach are more stable and give a better ride, but they won't lower the car as much as the H&R's supposedly will.

I've heard mixed things about skunk 2. So I guess I'd go with H&R, or if someone can answer my question aswell maybe consider Eibach's too.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (INVALID)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by INVALID &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Stop recommending H & R race springs for a person with 17 inch wheels, a person with 15s will get the desired affect from those so what will a person with 17s get. </TD></TR></TABLE>
second that.

if you are going with stock shocks, eibach prokit. stock shocks cant handle more agressive springs, plus eibachs tend to sag alot.

Old 09-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Multi-paradigm

Default Re: (Tiger_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tiger_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if you are going with stock shocks, eibach prokit. ... plus eibachs tend to sag alot.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you're recommending them and providing negative information about the same springs?
Old 09-05-2005, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Screwtape:)

I agree with what you guys are saying about the springs, i would go with the coilovers damper setup but don't have the funds right now for that saving for other things, but it's getting annoying looking at the way the car sits and when i go to make a right turn the driver's side always rubs. I have suspension techniques springs on there now there worn out though. So i looks like you guys are telling me to go with the h&r springs then. I don't want it to tuck to the point where it rubs or anything just no big wheel gap that's all i appreciate you guys info so go with an h&r springs then?
Old 09-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (vtecgod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecgod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree with what you guys are saying about the springs, i would go with the coilovers damper setup but don't have the funds right now for that saving for other things, but it's getting annoying looking at the way the car sits and when i go to make a right turn the driver's side always rubs. I have suspension techniques springs on there now there worn out though. So i looks like you guys are telling me to go with the h&r springs then. I don't want it to tuck to the point where it rubs or anything just no big wheel gap that's all i appreciate you guys info so go with an h&r springs then?</TD></TR></TABLE>

im pretty sure the sport springs are the ones you want, but look into their race springs and see what one is lower and then decide if you want lower or not... sport springs are 2" i believe... race springs will blow your shocks. you should look into some of those as well.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Mr. Indecisive

I say go with Tien... I Have the Tien springs with kyb agx shocks set all the way up so it rides nice and tight, absolutly no bounce, and has about a 2in drop. At prostreetonline.com they have the combo of kyb and tien springs for around $550 for the set. They are Tien STech springs and KYB AGX 4 way adj front and 8 way adjustable rear. Here is the link http://www.prostreetonline.com...ombo/.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (EJ8VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ8VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I say go with Tien... I Have the Tien springs with kyb agx shocks set all the way up so it rides nice and tight, absolutly no bounce, and has about a 2in drop. At prostreetonline.com they have the combo of kyb and tien springs for around $550 for the set. They are Tien STech springs and KYB AGX 4 way adj front and 8 way adjustable rear. Here is the link http://www.prostreetonline.com...ombo/.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is probably going to be the best deal for the money...
h&r = $250ish shipped
plus shocks...

tien springs are nice and they dont lower you too much.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WHat are you talkin about...ive tucked my 17s with ease..ok not with ease but tucked non the less. All depends on your budget. Everyones gonna have there opinion and theyll all be mixed. I done many setups with mine and right now I just put on some teins. Ride nice and clean. Now im throwing those away for full setup once i get back to the states though. Buy something now.. then save for full coilover setup.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BoOstedEM1)

How much different in price range are the tein springs differ from the h&r springs like i said just want to get some springs right now saving for other stuff right now, but i forgot the drop on the springs that i have on the car now. That's why i think there 2'' drop, don't want to completely tuck the wheels but no nose bleed gap.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BUMP UP
Old 09-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecgod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much different in price range are the tein springs differ from the h&r springs like i said just want to get some springs right now saving for other stuff right now, but i forgot the drop on the springs that i have on the car now. That's why i think there 2'' drop, don't want to completely tuck the wheels but no nose bleed gap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.tein.com/dealer/mapusa.html

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/index.html

find the distributor closest to you and call them for exact pricing.
those websites are the distributor links...
Old 09-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ROK801 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

http://www.tein.com/dealer/mapusa.html

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/index.html

find the distributor closest to you and call them for exact pricing.
those websites are the distributor links...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the info dude. i'll look into it trying to find a 2'' drop.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BUMP UP
Old 09-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ground Control Coilovers. You can adjust the height as needed. But I would recommend aftermarket shocks if you decide to go with these.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:15 AM

eibach sportlines on tokico illuminas. I paid 500 for everything. but I needed a camber kit to get everything set right, but it rides very firm and not too stiff. no problems with long distance trips.

but it's pretty low the ground. speed bumps suck
Old 09-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gftgrill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gftgrill &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">eibach sportlines on tokico illuminas. I paid 500 for everything. but I needed a camber kit to get everything set right, but it rides very firm and not too stiff. no problems with long distance trips.

but it's pretty low the ground. speed bumps suck</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got tokico's on there right now struts but just want to get the springs alot of guys are telling me h&r or tein and eibach but can't find 2'' drop for an eibach what is a good drop with a 17'' wheel.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So guys depending on what spring i go with what drop is good with a 17'' wheels i was thinking a 2'' what do you guys think?

Quick Reply: Need help guys suspension question..........