Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help finding a shop that can do b-serie's swaps please i'm in a bind...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding a shop that can do b-serie's swaps please i'm in a bind...

Hey guys, i live in staten island ny...i own a 00 ej8 coupe and had ordered a b18b1 from a 99' integra a full swap from hmotorsonline..i had no problems dealing with steve he was a great guy and got me everything i needed for the swap..so i made an appointment 2 weeks ago at Ripp Modification's here in staten island to have them do the swap..my appointment was today for the 15th..i have the swap shipped there it arrived last week..i came by to check out the motor on sat evening looked clean as hell almost new(thansk steve!!!)...anyway today comes and i called up to have the car towed there(trans is completely blown cant drive it) and he tells me how he's backed up and can't do my car till jan 5th..his excuse is i don't wanna rush it and mess up i need time to do the swap right..isn't this a pretty straightforward swap no i have to wait another 3 weeks for this after the money i'm paying for all this..i'm ready to get the motor out of there and take it somewhere else if i can find a shop or someone to do the swap for me, and i'll pay good money to get it down too just for helping me out here...if anyone can help please it would be appreciated..i spent alot of money over these past 3 weeks to have my car sit for another 3 weeks..how can this guy Ross at ripp set an appointment for me i stop by on saturday and i'm told yea bring the car down monday then on monday to have him tell me he can't take me in..if you've been backed up you could just tell me ahead of time so i know..don't tell me the day i'm going to bring the car down. sorry i'm just venting i'v been without my car for a month and i need it to get back and forth to work i'v been relying on friends and family for rides and to do that for another month is gonna be a PITA!! so if i anyone can give help me find a shop close to staten island or in staten island that can do the swap it would be greatly appreciated...
Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah bummer, tons of people around there should be able to do it, its a pretty straight forward swap, even if its your first time. Look into doing it yourself, if you have to buy tools, then its money spent but you will always have it. Theres a couple of faqs around here if you searched and im sure that you could do it if you really were determined. As long as you know what has to be done and have the space/tools/time/parts then you can get it running within a couple hours to a day even if its just your first time. RESEARCH!